Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Bose Soundbar 500 - Working on update (iOS App not functioning)

For 30 minutes or so I am looking at a message on my BS500 app that an update is being installed. It says it's almost done and i have to wait for a few minutes.

A many have passed.

What to do? I can't use the app at all at this time. This also happens on my iPad, my wife's iphone. Every iOS (version 13) device I try to connect to the system.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 - Working on update (iOS App not functioning)

My soundbar 700 just got the update. it took a while (same message), but it eventually completed. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

I don't think that's it. I've tried installing the app on an android device and that works without problems. Also, there is sound when using it on my television.

Also, there has not been a firmware update since the beginning of may for this device.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Yes I had sound as well while the update was pending in the APP.

I actually saw the soundbar led flash, and became red. Then lights turned off as normal, and the app was stuck on my phone with the message "We are updating your soundbar, it will complete soon".

Mine completed eventually - Try to leave the soundbar off / idle without using it for a bit, to let the update finish maybe ?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Check also that you have the last version of the Bose Music App (4.0.1).

The May firmware update was 8.0.13.

My soundbar has just been updated to 9.0.14 a few minutes ago. So this is definitely linked to this update.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

There is no mention on this forum for version 9.0.14 (and i am running 8.0.13 at the moment and all the recent apps)

It also does not explain why the android version is working as it should, as i've said earlier.

Thanks for your help.😉

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Fixed it. Had to do a hard reset. Remove soundbar from app. Then it found the update and installed it. 

had to do the whole setup again 😐