Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Bose Soundbar 500 no voice recognition on Alexa

Hi,

The voice recognition for Alexa on my Bose Soundbar 500 has stopped working. I've followed suggestions in other post on this forum I've found, re-set, re-installed , check that its enabled with amazon etc. It just doesn't recognise initial "Alexa" command no white light showing as before. Been working ok for 5 months, see there's been a new drop of software delivered  over the air. Has there been any issues with that up grade? Any ideas on what to try next please? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 no voice recognition on Alexa

Hey @Monmate,

That's quite unusual - does the Alexa voice assistant respond to you at all? If not, there may be a chance that the microphone has accidentally been muted. To check this, tap the microphone icon on the soundbar (situated on the left side) and you may hear a tone play. Also, look at the soundbar head-on, and next to the white flashing light on the left will be either a red LED or no LED. Depending on the status (red LED meaning muted) and (no LED meaning active), tap the microphone icon until you see no LED. Then, try Alexa one more time.

Let me know how you get on and if you're able to get Alexa working again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 no voice recognition on Alexa

Sam,

Many thanks its fixed...…...I'm now going into a dark room and scream! so simple ..all those hours

Thanks again 🙂