Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Bose Soundbar 500 pulsing light

okay I’ve looked at other topics about this and I’ve tried it all to fix this. When I first turn my soundbar on everything is fine, it’s connected to the internet, I can watch TV, on the app and see it’s connected. After about 5-10 minutes the light starts pulsing white. I’ve tried restarting the soundbar, restarting my WiFi router, power cycling my WiFi router, turning the tv off and on, unplugging everything waiting and plugging it back in and it still pulses, it’s slowly driving me insane. Can only help with this problem? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 pulsing light

Hello Davidl29, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are experiencing a strange white led on your Soundbar. 

This can mean a few different things depending on the speed of the pulsing white LED, please let us know which pattern describes your experience best: 

• Slides to center, pulses twice - This means that a request you have made has been confirmed. 
  • Fast white pulse - This means the Soundbar is connecting to a Bluetooth device or to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Slides to center, glows solid, pulses white - This means the voice assistant is listening when the light bar slides to the center and glows solid. If no request is made, the light flashes four times and fades, which signals the voice assistant is no longer listening. 

I would also like to know if you are doing anything to cause this pattern? 

If possible can you please attach a video of the pattern you are seeing as this will be very helpful for us. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Hi Hector,

When I first turn on my TV, everything is fine, then after about 5-10 minutes of me watching a tv show, listening to music, etc the light starts blinking.  Seems to be the fast white pulse but the soundbar is already connected to the internet and I don't have it connected to any Bluetooth devices.  I took a video but honestly have no idea how to upload it on here.

Highlighted

@Davidl2, Just to confirm, does anything change when this light starts to glow, or does it just glow with no change?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Yes, that's correct, it just starts to blink with no change to the sound or anything else. 

Highlighted

Very unusual, so other than the visual disturbance, there is no other issue with performance? 

When this next occurs, can you please open the Bose Music app to check if the speaker still registers as an available device at that time? Could you try to play a source like TuneIn on the soundbar using the app? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Okay I tried and that I was able to play music through Spotify