jav
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700/500 Control4 driver

Does anyone know if there will be a control4 IP driver for the soundbar700/500 or if ther already is one? The soundouch series has an IP network control driver and I wanted to know if anyone has seen or heard of a plan for that.

14 REPLIES 14
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundbar 700/500 Control4 driver

Hi jav,

Thanks for writing in!  

That's a great question and I'm not 100% about this.  Let me reach out to a few people in the development team to see if they've heard anything yet. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
jav
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Thank you for looking! If not I would love to see it happen. As a control4 tech i would like to see it happen because the soundtich series IP driver works great!
noeljpurcell@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Tony A,

Can you update us on what your development team has heard or doing.  And if nothing is happening how do we get the development of a Bose Soundbar 700/500 Control4 driver going?  Many thanks Noel P

Hello Noel,

Thank you for your patience and for getting in touch with us,
I have chased this up and as of yet we have no update from the development team at this time. 

Soon as we have any news we will be posting an announcement on the community page.

Again thank you for your patience and if you do have any more questions please do get in touch! 

Warm regards, 
Liam - Community Support

uh-wise
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

I need this driver. Like... as soon as possible.

Now with Alexa built-in, it would work great with Control4 systems (no need for Echo = cleaner setups), and clients are already asking to integrate these new soundbars with their systems.

Already tried with the SoundTouch 300 driver (with Bose SoundTouch Network driver in project) and it won't work.

noeljpurcell@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Hi Liam,

Just wonering if you have an update on the timing of a Control 4 driver for the Soundbar 700?  If not could you please follow up with your tech guys again as this is really needed.

Many thanks and your help is appreciated

Noel

Hello Noel,

Thanks for reaching out, I will chase this up and get back to you once I have an answer.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C

Hello Noel,

I have received information back from the development team. They recommend that you check out this driver for the SoundTouch device. Basic control of A4V functions is available via Control 4 in that Janus driver. Check out that Janus link, you should register, and download the driver, then go to developer.bose.com and signup for more info and/or questions.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C

noeljpurcell@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Zoe_C, thanks for this.  But are you saying that we need to get Janus to develop the driver.  Others have said that the Soundtouch driver won't work with the Bose 700 soundbar?

Thanks

Noel