Bose Soundbar 700 - Alexa stops responding and power needs disconnecting to recover

Vocal Volunteer

Re: Second evening owning a Bose Soundbar 700 and it needed a reboot already

I have been running on Wifi for a couple of weeks and have not experienced the Alexa stopping like it did on Ethernet.

Last night I had loss of internet connection for just over an hour (I know this is a rare occurance, as my connection is monitored 24/7).   I noticed that Alexa did not recover after this internet outage, I left the Soundbar overnight to see if it would recover itself, but in the morning it still did not work, so a reboot was required.

Audible Advocate

Hi All

I’m on my second soundbar 700 having from launch day and having the exact same Alexa probs on both

Using a hard wire Ethernet cable, changed to Wi-fi since Friday and still working. Reply from Bose this is a workaround until firmware update to fix.

Ended up having to do a factory reset to enable Wi-fi setup and not as online help suggested

Seems patience is required in everything you do on this soundbar unfortunately

Regards
Lee
Audible Advocate

Hi,

I’ve the same issue; my soundbar is connected via ethernet too.
Quiet Contributor

Bose will update the firmware in the year 2021.. maybe Smiley Wink 

Quiet Contributor

Audible Advocate

Same issue try connecting via Wi-fi. I connected mine via Ethernet thinking=
it would be a dedicated connection and have no drops in connectivity. Having had a replacement sent only to find exactly the same, another community member Sik recommended Wi-fi connectivity, since then no issues..
Still far to many niggles with the system that hopefully will get resolved for the money forked out on it. We don’t even use the universal remote which was one of the reasons for purchasing a Bose system as my previous remote for older system was much better and we used it as sole remote, no chance with this one unfortunately

Regards
Lee
Audible Advocate

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Alexa stops responding and power needs disconnecting to recover

While this is marked solved this is a work around . Any update from Bose on when this issue will be fixed with ethernet cable connected.

Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Alexa stops responding and power needs disconnecting to recover

Hi Audiophile105,

Our development team is working on a fix for the ethernet connection with Alexa at the moment.  As soon as we hear anything, we'll be sure to let the Community know.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Sure wish I had read this thread before doing my initial setup.  My whole house is wired for LAN, and I do physical connections to all of my media devices.  So of course, I setup my SB 700 system with LAN connected.  I did not setup over WiFi.

Three days in, and Alexa has been lost like clockwork, every 24 hours.  If I unplug the power, let it sit for a minute, then plug it back in, Alexa reconnects.  

I refuse to delete the device and set everything up again over WiFi, especially if that means I have to calibrate Adaptiq again and set all my sound levels, re-enable through Alexa, etc.  And if it means doing a factory reset, then I'm returning the entire 5.1 setup and stands, and going with a different Surround Sound solution.

Between the terrible remote control, the inability to use 2 universal remotes, and now this LAN connection issue, I am seriously starting to regret my $2,000 purchase.  The fact that people have been dealing with this for months, and there's not progress from Bose is not a good look.  I honestly expected a lot more from a high-end company like Bose.

Vocal Volunteer

There was no mention of this being fixed in the latest version, so this is just to confirm that this issue still occurs on firmware version 2.1.10 (Dec 12).