Zeus1289
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Re: Second evening owning a Bose Soundbar 700 and it needed a reboot already

You will have to do a factory reset 1st. Make sure you unhook your Ethernet cable. Connect your Soundbar via WiFi. That should correct your issue with Alexa. It’s a walk around fix until Bose comes up with an update for the Ethernet connection issue. I haven’t had any more problems since I did this. It’s been 3 weeks so far without any problems. You may have to reboot one time after you’ve done this. I hope this helps you out. Good luck.
josueom93
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Alexa stops responding and power needs disconnecting to recover

Same here. Been experiencing the same issue since the product was purchased. It seems that after the soundbar is rebooted Alexa starts working normal but after a few hours the feature stops responding to commands. I would like to know how to fix this issue, I have always had Bose products and never experienced anything like this.

Zeus1289
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Alexa stops responding and power needs disconnecting to recover

I just saw that they have updated the music app and that an update will be released soon for the sound bar 700. In the meantime you can do a factory reset, disconnect the Ethernet cable and reconnect your sound bar via WiFi. That will stop Alexa from going to sleep. I can’t wait for the update though, because I prefer a hard wire connection as well. In the meantime everything is working well so far. I hope this helps you.
stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Hi Bose and all

I have had this Alexa not responding issue also. I’ve had a Bose Soundbar 700 (with 700 Sub and Surrounds). I’ve seen bugs in the way CEC is working, lack of ability for source selection in the app and also auto source detection. People don’t want to be forced to use the Bose remote just to change input to TV.

I’m now experiencing Alexa not responding when connected to Ethernet after a day. Unplugging and plugging power in again fixes it, for short time, but is NOT a solution!

After spending the best part of over £1.5k+ on Bose kit... simple and easily fixable stuff like this is totally unexpected. App updates and firmware releases should easily and quickly fix these minor but big impact issues.

Tempted to exercise my 30 day return right 😢 😞

Cheers
Stu
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If not 100 percent happy, I would return it within your 30 day return policy.  Otherwise, you will always regret your purchase.

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

I'd prefer not to have to return all the kit, considering these are simple enhancements to add/fix 🙂

Bose, please suggest the correct way to feature request and track the improvements/changes in app/firmware.

Cheers

-Stu

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Stu,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue as well.  Our engineering team is aware of the issue and are actively working on a fix.  As soon as we hear more, we will be sure to inform everyone on the Community.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

For All People who face problems with Alexa/Ethernet Combination:

Go inside your router menu and try to set static IP/IP4 for the soundbar Ethernet. This should solve your issue.
stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

@Drigga wrote:
For All People who face problems with Alexa/Ethernet Combination:

Go inside your router menu and try to set static IP/IP4 for the soundbar Ethernet. This should solve your issue.

Hi Drigga 

I tried your suggestion by setting a fixed IP for the Bose700 soundbar and Alexa still stopped responding after a short time.

Do we know which TCP/UDP ports Alexa use to open them up/port forward direct to the soundbar?

Cheers

-Stu

Arno_Mrs
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

Hi,

i have configured an IP adress manually on the Ethernet Switch (no DHCP), nothing change, Alexa stop to work fews hours after...

I dont understand why bose cant give us a date for release an update to fix this issue. Bose must communicate of this issue ! The customers are in the blur since fews months...

Bose products are more expansive than other basic products, and i retain bose because the quality of products are top ! (QC35, SoundSport...).

Today with this soundbar (best in the world...) It's not acceptable, i m in reflexion for return this soundbar... (30 days after purchase : french law).

The engineer found why Alexa stop to work ? And working on an update ?

Thank for your help.