Arno_Mrs
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

Re: Second evening owning a Bose Soundbar 700 and it needed a reboot already

@PhilippI don't have the possibility to connect to the WIFI network, i have retain this soundbar because ethernet card connectivity.

Why Bose not work on this issue, a lot of customers are impacted...

Thanks.

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Alexa stops responding and power needs disconnecting to recover

Hi Arno_Mrs,

Thank you for your posts and I'm sorry that you are affected by this issue. Our engineers are currently working on addressing it in a software update which will be released as soon as possible. I understand that you prefer not to use WiFi, but in the meantime this is the best solution.

Regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Alexa stops responding and power needs disconnecting to recover

Hi there

So I'm really not having much luck with this Bose 700 Soundbar (plus kit) as after this issue, suggested to move to WiFi connection until sorted .. needing to do a factory reset to switch between ethernet/wifi.

Now when re-setting up Bose 700 it is apparently performing an update after going through setup, no lights to show any update progress, been doing it for hours.

After giving up, hours later, tried a manual update, doesn't work (the service web page doesn't respond, can't get to it). Various re-try attempts powering off etc. Further to that now I can't use it at all.

Going to have to call Bose support and look at returning it, so many hours wasted on this just getting simple things right 😞

Hi stupoox,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you're experiencing these issues. At this point I would absolutely recommend reaching out to Technical Support by telephone. For the appropriate phone number, select your country from this list and click "Contact Us" from the menu at the bottom of the page. One of our agents will be happy to get you back up and running.

Kind regards,

Patrick - Community Support

steveparker
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

<p>Bose Sound bar 700 - Alexa Stops responding and Power needs to be turned off to reset. Our new Sound bar is only 6 weeks old and regularly needs rebooting to get Alexa to work Current config is Wired via Cable to Telstar Smart Hub NBN less than 1 meter away. Fibre optic to Smart Samsung TV. What other type of Diagnostics can I do to provide support. Steve</p>
Highlighted
GorFex
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

@steveparker wrote:
<p>Bose Sound bar 700 - Alexa Stops responding and Power needs to be turned off to reset. Our new Sound bar is only 6 weeks old and regularly needs rebooting to get Alexa to work Current config is Wired via Cable to Telstar Smart Hub NBN less than 1 meter away. Fibre optic to Smart Samsung TV. What other type of Diagnostics can I do to provide support. Steve</p>

Steve,

It only works via WiFi.  Wired connection will not work.  Bose is aware of the problem and has been working on a solution for months now.

You'll need to reset the entire system and do a completely new setup using WiFi instead of LAN cable.

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

The new update should have fixed the Ethernet Problem.

Did you try to remove your SB from Music App und add it again?

Regards
Anand Sharma
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

Owner of soundbar 700.
Alexa responds but stops responding half way. Incomplete responses and halfway there.
May I know what the issue is ? And if it can be resolved. Tried rebooting but no resolve.
Sad to see that Bose products facing such issues after investing in soundbar and base module 700
stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Hello,

Please, could someone from Bose confirm if this recent App update fixes the wired ethernet Alexa not responding issue?

I'm not sure it would be able too, as the firmware on the Boase soundbar itself looks the same version as previous. 

I don't want to go through the process of a complete factory reset to flip it between wireless/wired again just to test it and be disappointed!

Cheers

-Stu

DanEllisUK
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Hi @stupoox 

I'm not from Bose, but am the original poster of this problem.     For me the original issue was extremely obvious when connected via ethernet.  Alexa would stop responding every day.

Since upgrading to 3.0.16 last week, I have reset my system in order to test with ethernet.   I've been running over a week and this issue has been fixed for me.

However, I have experienced a regression with this firmware which is causing my TV to switch on and off.   This might just be a compatibility issue with my Samsung TV and Humax Freesat box though.   See https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Soundbar-700-FW-3-0-16-REGRESSION-TV-switching-ON-and-OFF/m...

So far no one else has reported to observe the same issue yet.