stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Alexa stops responding and power needs disconnecting to recover

Thanks Dan, that's a little more confidence for me to try if the update fixed it 🙂

When I'm home I'll look to swap it back into a wired ethernet mode and report back a few days after!

Cheers

-Stu

cgsitr0629
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Alexa stops responding and power needs disconnecting to recover

Bose must have come out with a fix because all of a sudden Alexa is working on my ehternet connected Bose 700 soundbar. Don't know when this might have happened but just on a whim I tried it yesterday and it worked. Tried again this morning and it's still working. 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi all,

The 3.0.16 firmware update has addressed the issue with Alexa over ethernet. Thank you all for your patience.

If anyone is experiencing anything similar to DanEllisUK, please let us know in the thread that he linked. We want to determine whether this is a common issue or an isolated case, as well as whether it coincided with the update.

Best regards,

Patrick A 

Joncastro88
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 10, 2019

I continue to get problems with Alexa and on the Alexa app says device is offline even though I am using it. My sound bar is plugged in to an Ethernet cable as well. I would like to know what I do from here because it seems like I’ve tried everything to fix it

Hi JonCastro88, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

Can you please confirm that you have the Bose Skill for Alexa installed? 

To setup Bose Skill you will need to follow these steps: 

• On your mobile device, open the Amazon Alexa app
  • From the app menu, select "Skills"
  • In the search field, enter "Bose," then tap the search icon
  • Select the Bose Skill or the Bose SoundTouch Control Skill from the search results
  • Choose "Enable"
  • When prompted, enter your SoundTouch account username and password

If you installed the Bose Skill, add the music services you will use to the Alexa app you will need to: 

• From the Amazon Alexa app menu, select “Settings > Music & Media”
  • Select the desired music service
  • Select “Link account to Alexa” and enter your account info for that music service

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Robbo 1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2019

Re: Second evening owning a Bose Soundbar 700 and it needed a reboot already

My Alexa on Bose 700 has also stopped working in the first few days. Don’t know how to get the log though. Might ask for my money back on this product because although reboot done, it still not working.

Hello Robbo 1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are having some issues with the Alexa assistant on your Soundbar 700. I will try my best to guide you to get this working again. 

- Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps other than the reboot?

- Is Alexa responding to anything at all, and what is the LED bar on the Soundbar displaying?

I'd like you to check if the system is listening for your command by tapping the ○ button on the Soundbar. If the product is listening for a command, the light bar will slide to the center and glow.

I would suggest to remove Alexa from the Soundbar and re-adding it. 

1. In the Bose Music app, tap the My Bose icon bose_music_app_my_bose_icon.png in the upper-left

2. Select the product from which to remove an assistant

3. Tap the product image in the bottom-right

4. Tap Settings > Voice Assistant and select the assistant:

5. Tap Remove Account.

Then proceed to add Alexa to your Soundbar again. 

1. In the Bose Music app, tap the My Bose icon bose_music_app_my_bose_icon.pngin the upper-left

2. Select the product from which to remove an assistant

3. Tap the product image in the bottom-right

4. Tap Settings > Voice Assistant > Alexa

5. Follow the app instructions to link your Alexa account

Please get back to us if your issue persists. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Naeem
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Same issue here looks like it’s defsult issue. Very disappointed 

Highlighted
duncan1873
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Hi Naeem,

have you connected it via wifi? If you hardwire it that seems to be where the problem is. If you connect it via WiFi it seems to sort the issue. I’ve had mine for a year & connected via WiFi & haven’t had anymore problems. Good luck. 

judy.slattery@yahoo.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I purchase the soundbar and the subwoofer w/Alexa. The total purchase was about $1,400. My Alexa would do the same exact thing that's described by everybody else it would go off and then the yellowish orange light would come on and blink if I try to ask it a question. I could reset it by taking the plug out in the Soundbar stayed intact. Obviously I didn't feel this should be the case given the high purchase price of this item. PC Richards was good enough to replace the soundbar. That was three days ago and within a day the same thing happened. This is clearly a defect in the product. What is Bose going to do about this for all of us who have purchased this item?