Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Bose Soundbar 700 Blinking Orange Light

Two days ago the soundbar started blinking orange, Ive tried everything to resolve it - switching off/removing from power etc - and it’s still blinking orange. Tried calling Bose but I was fifth in line for 1.5 hours - Bose better to tell me the truth so I can decide if I think best to wait than a fake 5th in line - makes me lose trust in the brand and I own 10+ of your products. Any help with the orange light highly welcome!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Blinking Orange Light

Hey @Fatso,

That doesn't seem quite right! Sorry for any inconvenience you've experienced so far. As you can imagine, we've been quite busy on the phone lines recently. 

In regards to the orange LED, is this constantly happening, even after you unplug your system for a couple of minutes? It sounds something similar to the Alexa notification LED. Have you asked Alexa to "read notifications", to see if that clears it?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Does bose have some problems with Amazon?

Every week at least once I have this orange light. I remove voice assistant account and readd , sometimes it works, sometimes don't... like today. I have to wait day or two to do the procedure.

Reseting the soundbar (bose 700) doesn't do the trick. 

@diyabolic, is this issues relating to an orange LED? If so, as mentioned above, have you asked Alexa to "read notifications", to see if that clears it?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

I did. There are no notifications and no skills that need update. Yesterday was the orange light gone in 3-4 hours. Voice assistant is working normally, only the orange light is blinking and goes on my nerves 😄

@diyabolic, thanks for confirming that. Can I please ask, which of the following LED's do you think you are seeing?

Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

This one "Pulsing yellow indicates that there is a notification from Alexa" exactly the same like when I have notification but there is none.

This is very strange. 

Can you tell me if you get error messages or codes in the Bose Music application when this happens? 

I look forward to hearing from you!