Highlighted
Mikmescudi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2018

Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth issues.

I just recently purchased the sound bar 700 along with the base module 700 over the weekend and the Bluetooth is very frustrating. It’ll work fine for 10 minutes, then it’ll start glitching like crazy making the music unejoyable. I can’t play my music over WiFi because the bose music app doesn’t allow the most popular music streaming service, Apple Music. If I’m paying all this money for a sound bar I would hope I wouldn’t be limited to a specific streaming service and Bluetooth connectivity should be the least of my worries! 

Is is there anything I can do to fix this situation??

thank you. 

80 REPLIES 80
bryandearlove
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth issues.

I have always found Bluetooth to not work well on any speaker I have had. You have to keep it pretty close to reduce issues, 3.5mm Aux may be a better method for now.
Bose has stated that these will be getting AirPlay 2 in the new year (early 2019) then you will be able to play direct from Apple Music from your phone. The streaming service limitation really isn’t Bose but Apple, it is a very closed system, no non apple devices can play from Apple Music except through Airplay, that’s why I switched to Spotify from it.

Hello Mikmescudi,

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty, but am glad to help! 

It sounds like you may be experiencing interference. Let's try refreshing the Bluetooth connection with the following steps:

1. On the soundbar's remote, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. On the soundbar, the light bar will pulse blue twice to indicate it has successfully cleared the list of Bluetooth devices that had been connected to the soundbar. 
  2. "Forget" the soundbar from your device's Bluetooth list.
  3. Pair and test for function.

Let us know if this helps!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Mikmescudi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2018

Hi Greg!

I followed your instructions and it’s still continuing to happen what else can I do?
Mikmescudi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2018

Hi Greg!

I followed your instructions and the glitching is still happening. What else can I do? Could be it possible that the sounbar is defective ?

Hello Mikmescudi,

Thank you for testing those steps for us.

How far is your router from the Soundbar 700 and is there any other devices nearby that use Wi-Fi? Can you also test with another mobile device to see if the same symptom occurs? 

Regards,

Joel 

Mikmescudi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2018

Hi Joel,

The router is only a couple of feet away in the next room over. I’ve tried 3 different devices. The PlayStation 4 uses WiFi also. Bluetooth works for 10 mins then goes awol.

Hi Mikmescudi,

I appreciate the details.

Let's see if we can test something to tell if its interference related. I would suggest unplugging the router and PS4 and try using Bluetooth and let me know if it's still happening after 10 minutes. 

This will let us know if it's interference related.

Regards,

Joel  

dashriprocket
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

NOT TRUE! You play play Apple Music directly from a Sonos system (FACT) natively.

Nalzaro
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Hi,

i have the same experience with my bose soundbar 700.  just bought this 2 weeks ago and was playing most of the time from my samsung phone over bluetooth.  i was wondering if the problem is with my phone or with the sourndbar.  already switched off and on my phone but the experience is still the same.  the choppy sound goes away for sometime then comes back at different times.

seeing this thread seems to confirm my suspicion that there is something wrong with my bose soundbar.