Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth issues.

The same happens in another room 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Soundtouch 700 Bluetooth Connectivity

Hi,

Been having problems with Bluetooth connectivity to my Bose Soundtouch 700. The sound often breaks when playing via Bluetooth from either my Phone or Tablet. It's really annoying when listening to music. I have tried the Bluetooth reset recommended on the community but still experiencing the same problem. Does this mean that this is a hardware problem?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Hello,

I recently purchased the Bose 700 series products - Soundbar + Bass Module + Surround Speakers and I am experiencing several Bluetooth connectivity issues with my Google Nest device. I use YouTube Music which is not yet supported on the Soundbar therefore I need to use Google Nest device. It keeps disconnecting off Bluetooth and it's a pain reconnecting - always having to restart the Soundbar and re pairing it with Google Nest. When will the Soundbar come with a YouTube Music update? Is it planned to be released soon? Ideally then I would just use Google Assistant on the Soundbar to play music instead of having to rely on the Google Nest device.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

We finally reached out to Bose technical support and they will repair the subwoofer after several attempts to remedy the Bluetooth connectivity problems with the unit. Here's a YouTube video of what has been happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ffDW-IP0iw

This is an error code produced by a Bose Acoustimass 700 subwoofer after 14 months in service. I suspect the Bluetooth receiver has gone bad.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

I have the same situation, it has only been bought for a month, and after a while the music begins between cutting itself. it is very fruitful

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth issues

Hello Bose.

I just purchased a Soundbar 700 with the Base Module 700. 

The sound quality is amazing but the Bluetooth connectivity is extremely unstable and frustrating. It randomly glitches with the audio becoming choppy. Sometimes the problem starts after a few minutes of listening, but sometimes it happens immediately. It always ends up losing the Bluetooth connection. The TV connection works fine.

I am connecting from a Samsung Galaxy phone. The phone works perfectly with other Bluetooth devices (had this phone for over 1 year and never had this type of issue).

Already tried the following:

• Restarting both the Phone and the Soundbar (power off followed by power on).
  • Clearing the Blueetooth settings in the Soundbar (holding the Bluetooth button on the remote for 10 seconds). Also removing the Soundbar from the phone device list and adding it again.
  • Making sure no other devices are connected to the Soundbar using Bluetooth.
  • Made sure no other devices are connected in the area that could be causing interference.
  • Located the phone close to the Soundbar (tried from 3 meters all the way to literally sitting besides the Soundbar).

None of the above worked. It keeps glitching and losing the connection.

Can you please let me know what else to try ? If this cannot get resolved I will be returning the product before the 30 day limit.

Thanks