Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth issues.

Hi, i m new to this community, this is my first post

i recently bought bose 700 the boss 700 bass and the surround speakers. The only problem i m having is the bluetooth connectivity. When i m trying to play content from my mac or my iphone via bluetooth there is always a serious sound delay and most of the times the sound stops and starts repeatedly.It is really frustrating. I have tried to clear the list of bluetooth devices and start over again but i am still having the same problems. I was starting wondering if my phone or pc have a problem but when i connect to other devices it is all good. I have paid over 2000 euros and it is really disapointing not to have a descent bluetooth connection when i can conect my phone or mac to other sound devices that cost less than 100 euros!! Is therte anything else i can do?

I am from Greece so excuse me for my english...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello nikos,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

I can understand your frustration with wanting Bluetooth to work, but I'd like to help.

How far are you from your Soundbar 700 when streaming Bluetooth from your Mac and iPhone?

What other devices do you have near your Soundbar 700 that are wireless?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Hello Joe;,

Thank you for your quick responce!

I connect my mac or i phone via bluetooth while they are  1,5 to 3,5 meters away from my bose 700 soundbar. Close to the soundbar i have a playstation 3. I also have a printer about 3 meters away. But both of them are usually turned of when i try to connect with bluetooth. In my living room where bose 700 is the are 4 lifx bulbs that are always connected to my wifi.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Nikos,

Thanks for getting back to me with details.

Even though a printer or PS3 is in an "Off" state, they are still technically connected and sending and receiving signals. I'm not concerned with the Wi-Fi lighting in this case, but for testing can we try unplugging the printer and PS3 from power and try using Bluetooth again?

Let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Hi Joel,

i tried what you asked me to do but i don't see any difference, it seems to be almost the same. I unplagged both devices, playstation and printer but there is still sound delay and the sound stops and goes. It might be a little better but i can't say there is a signifficunt difference.

I also checked if i have the latest firmaware from Decembers updade and i do.

But i m wondering, if the soundbar has a problem when other devices are connected to the wifi what should i do, don't connect anything with the wi fi so it works properly? You understand that this is crazy, there should be no problem like that because in every house these days there are always devices connected to the wifi!!!

Am i the only one with this problem? Because if not then there must be a problem with the firmware or hardware of the soundbar orelse my soundbar has a problem!

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi nikos,

Thanks for the update.  After all the troubleshooting and searching for interference, it does sound like there may be an issue with the soundbar.  I'd recommend reaching out to your local support team at this point.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

Hi from Germany.I just bought the 700. Exactly the same problem with Bluetooth connection. Drip outs every 5 seconds. Frustrating. Unacceptable.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Hi Joel,

I’ve had the Soundbar 700 since October and have tried many things but the choppiness remains.  The only time it seems to work better is if you start playing your music and then you just shut down the device. Then it plays mostly properly. If you have the screen on, even only on the Bose app, it bugs.  I’ve tried this on multiple devices, phone/tablets, and it is the same. Distance doesn’t always seem to be an issue then.  I would recommend having your software team review the app and interference that it may be causing.

Having other speakers or headphones that connect these same devices via Bluetooth without any problem. The only one that has issues playing is the only one that requires the Bose app to connect.  

As as others have said, it’s not acceptable that this happens on a product we pay 1000€ for when a 20€ device can play via Bluetooth without any issues. I’m a fan of Bose technology but this may be the last Bose product I may buy if your product managers and technical team can’t resolve what is a standard feature in your product. 

Thanks,

M

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

I’m Korean and bought a sb700 two weeks ago and I have the same issue with Bluetooth connection. I have other bose Bluetooth devices, Soundlink and Soundlink Color, and with these devices I have no problem at all. I think it can be fixed with future firmware update from Bose I believe.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Hello Joel,

This is regardless if there are other transmitting devices around the soundbar or not, the soundbar 700 have an issue with bluetooth and it is very frustrating.  You have a sophisticated music system but simply doesn't work right for a mature bluetooth technology.  This thread will just become longer and longer and should already tell you that Bose need to fix this.  What do you think?