Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth issues.

Hi nikos,

Thanks for gathering logs as well.

Can you also let me know what make, model and software versions of your devices you're having Bluetooth issues with?

I will DM you for further information.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Vechondranay
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2019

Hello everyone,

Just adding my experience as well so that it’s even clearer that this is something that Bose absolutely MUST do something about. I stumbled across this forum while searching for some review or troubleshooting tip for my issue with choppy music play from my soundbar700. So frustrating and upsetting because the sound is great...if only it weren’t all chopped and screwed! I’m having the same intermittent sound play and it also just totally disconnects whenever it feels like it. I thought it was my iphone, so I tried 2 different iPads and same problem. Like others have said, it should not matter if there are a few other devices connected to WiFi or whatever. I’m not hundreds of feet from the bar either, only 20 or 30 feet at max. PLEASE fix this. We have spent thousands. This is unacceptable.
Community_Admin

Hello Vechondranay,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

We understand the frustration behind this issue and would like to help.

Can you gather logs with the provided instructions and once you have them, let me know and we'll send a file request to you so we can get this raised to development. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
MrTwinkles
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

Hi,
I bought the 700 over the weekend (new york, usa) and within an hour of setting it up i experienced the same issue. Was playing my tunes perfectly fine and then the soundbar just cut out. Thought the sounbar turned itself off but turned out to be the BT connection dropped and was unable to reconnect, period. No BT device could connect. The soundbar is visible to all devices but refuses to connect. Only by unpairing all (2) devices, am i able to connect again, only to have it drop minutes later and repeat, cannot reconnect.

The times between connecting and dropping seems random. One session lasted 10min and others lasted close to an hour.

I really hope it is only software related.
Will pull the logs and updated when i get home.

I am a software developer so i can provide as much detailed information as needed.
porram@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

I bought this Around when it first came out, BLuetooth was all Good. Looks like firmware released caused the issue

porram@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

I bought this Around when it first came out, BLuetooth was all Good. Looks like firmware released caused the issue

RJ Pablo
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Some are saying when they first bought the speaker, the bluetooth was working well. I really hope this is true, because it eludes to their being a fix avaialble witht the right software tinkering. 

I have speakers that cost $40 in my house that I have better Bluetooth Audio and connection consistenency. 

Bose Team and Developers, you have alot of work to do on this speaker. As a customer, I feel like i can no longer recomnd Bose as I have been doing for years. Currently, when people ask if i recomend the product, I say no. Plus you have discounts aviaalble to new customers, while us early adopters who had trust in your product and paid full price are still waiting for issues to be fixed. PM if you see any opportunity to offer any type of customer satisfaction resolution for now, because I honestly feel ripped off. 

porram@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Just Update, 

I tried to troubleshoot with all the information on the community fourum to eliminate any issues on my end. Over all results were the same and ended up calling support, Bose is sending me a new device. Very frustrating especially that i have devices that I use to connect via Bluetooth that I connect to the BOSE 700 speaker throughtout my house.

I will provide an update when i get the new device setup. I agree with RJ Pablo, I cannot recommend this product to anyone until there is a resolution. 

WelshDragon
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Please send a file request to me

nikos
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Hi again,

do we have any updates concerning the issues with the bluetooth?

It's been a long time now and the problem is still here!!