Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth unable to pair to Turntable.

Hello Jrdryn,

Thank you very much for providing that information. It is most helpful.

I will pass along your answers and keep you updated when we have any new information regarding this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I will update all the requested details as soon as I can. Currently, my Bose soundlink mini ll is at the Bose facility being repaired, as it failed to function for no apparent reason. (I swear, I do more troubleshooting lately on Bose products than I do at my day job) Regardless, I want to get a solution to the bluetooth pairing issue. I just wanted to let you know that I will get you all of the requested info as soon as I can; and not take a lack of response from me as a lack of interest in getting a solution. Thank you for finally moving on to this bug and I'm glad you are committed to fixing it.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

What I have:

Bose Speaker: Soundbar 700 with 700 Subwoofer

Bose Firmware: 4.1.1-6679+cb4c111

Turntable: Audio Technica AT-LP60-BT

• Bluetooth Ver. 3.0, Power Class 2, A2DP Profile, SBC support codec

Specifically @Derrick and @Jrdryn, could you please explain the process of how you are connecting your SounkLink Mini to the turntable from an out-of-box state.

As mentioned, I just received my Soudlink mini ll from reapir, so it is very literally an out-of-box-state connection. And it worked perfectly.

1st: Placed the Bose Sounlink Mini ll into it’s pairing mode (Voice says “Ready to Pair and LED Bluetooth Symbol Blinking Blue).

2nd: Place the AT-LP60-BT turntable into it’s paring mode (LED on turntable blinks a fast RED/BLU)

3rd: After a couple seconds, the LED on the turntable starts fast blinking only BLUE (manufactuer manual describes this as connecting)

4th: After a couple seconds the fast blinking BLUE LED turns to a solid BLUE and you here the Soundlink Mini ll voice say “Connected to BT01”

5th: I hit play on the record player and audio plays perfectly.

Additionally, @Derrick from the phrase "the turntable discovers and attempts to pair" how do you know that the turntable is attempting to pair to the Soundbar?

Once I put both the Soundbar 700 and Turntable into their respective pairing mode, after a couple seconds of searching, the Turntable’s LED status indicator for Bluetooth activity stops blinking RED/BLU(pairing/searching) and starts fast blinking BLU(waiting to be connected) but the connection is never established. The turntable will fast blink blue for a few seconds (like its waiting on a response) and then it will stop and do a slow BLUE blink (like every other second) which the manufacturer manual says that this state is when the Bluetooth adapter is on but the turntable is not connected to a device, nor in pairing mode. With some experimenting, I’ve verified that when the turntable Bluetooth status indicator light switches from the flashing RED/BLU to the fast BLU flashing, it is in fact trying to connect to the Soundbar 700 because when I put the turntable into pairing mode with either the power removed from the Soundbar 700 or the Soundbar 700 removed from pairing mode, the turntable will just keep flashing RED/BLU(searching) and the never attempt to connect, or pair (Fast blinking BLUE status never occurs). So there is some type of recognition going on between the two devices, they just never pair.

It is also worth mentioning/reminding that I submitted some logs on this subject a couple months back that had several pairing attempts made with my turntable. I think I mad 3 attempts to connect within the 10 minute log capture window. So you should be able to see some type of packets sent/received on the data that I have provided.  

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Hi all,
I just bought the bose soundbar 700 with the subwoofer and I am not happy at all about the Bluetooth connection, it keeps cutting out and if this isn't getting fixed I will return it to Bose for a refund. Will get in touch with Bose regarding this.
Cheers
Highlighted

Hi Szelenikovski, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having Bluetooth issues and would love to assist further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you attempt to connect another device to the Soundbar to see if the issue persists. I would also recommend that you reset both your device and the Soundbar, you can perform a product reset via: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Does the connection get affected if you are closer or further from the Soundbar? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hi all...

Now the turntable won’t connect to my Bose Soundlink Mini anymore. The turntable will syncs up with my other UE Bluetooth speaker and any wireless headphones, but it won’t sync to any Bose products. It’s frustrating, considering how expensive they are. I look forward to hearing a solution.
Highlighted

Hi Jrdryn, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on your issue. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and would love to assist you further. 

So that I can assist you further can you please confirm which version of SoundLink Mini speaker you have as well as if the speaker works with other devices? 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hi there...

I have no idea what version of Soundlink Mini it is, it doesn’t say anywhere on it. And unfortunately, nothing will connect to it anymore. I tried phones and tablets also, nothing will sync with it.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

I need an update on this issue. You have had a lot of time to investigate and I want to know what progress has been made. I would also like to know when i can expect this to be fixed. I'm not keeping a soundbar that has broken functionality past the warranty period.This is my concern and why i need an update.  

Highlighted

Hi Derrick, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I can understand how frustrating this must be for you. 

At this time the issue is currently with our engineering team who are looking into this. Unfortunately, I do not have an estimated time frame for an update on the issues. 

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If you need anything else, please reach out to us again. 

Kindest,

Jessie O