Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth unable to pair to Turntable.

Hi Andy B

Please advise if a fix is likely? I plan to take the Bose system back to the retailer for a refund unless a fix is imminent because the system is not fit for purpose as claimed.

Looking forward to your update,

Angus

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Sorry Angus- I did not know how to create a new post under this thread so just picked the reply option to your last message. 

I have the AT LP60X BT turntable that was actually working fine with the sound bar 700(till about a few weeks back). After a shift to a new place when I tried reconnecting everything, I managed to get everything setup except the turntable. The issues are the same...both devices blink and try to pair but timeout. I also have the Bose Micro sound link that was working perfectly with my turntable. However, I felt that if I disconnect the micro sound link I might be able to re establish a connection with the sound bar...this also did not work. Whats worse is the sound link would now not connect to my turntable. 

I have tried multiple times- resetting, pulling off cables and even reinstalling the Bose music app but to no avail. 

On a different train of thought- is there some way I can get the RCA cable from the turntable onto my Samsung TV ---and use the optical cable (connected to my sound bar) to relay the turntable sound? My attempts to do this have failed as the TV expects a video signal in (AVI/2 ports). Any ideas? Bose has been super slow in fixing issues. I have given up in Australia trying to reach them!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Have there been any resolutions here? I just bought a soundbar 500 system and a Pro Ject Bluetooth record player and have the same issues. Wish I would’ve seen all this before purchasing the soundbar. 

Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi all

Was this problem resolved? I am experiencing the same problem still. I have a Bose 700 Soundbar with Bose 700 Bass Module.
Bose Firmware: 6.0.15-7651+0af1f35

Turntable: JAM Spun Out Bluetooth Turntable HX-TT400

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Bose Leadership,

Would you please respond to these people.

Specifically, is a fix for the inability of the Bose soundbar 500 & 700 to bluetooth pair to a turntable imminent?

Angus M

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

@Andy_B

Hello, more than one year that we are waiting for a solution, can you give us an update on the subject?

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

@Charlotte_G , @Jessie_O , @Andy_B ?

hou hou? Anyone at Bose??? can we have an answer?

it seems that after 8 months of test at your level, none of these turntables can connect to the soundbar:

JAM Spun Out Bluetooth HX-TT400 .

House of Marley Simmer Down Bluetooth

Bluetooth Audio Technica AT-LP60-BT

Ion Pro 500BT

Muifa HP-H005 BK

Pro Ject Bluetooth record player

Pro-Ject VT-E BT 

Sony PSLX310BT.

have you managed to find even a single turntable that can connect via bluetooth with our sound bars?

Thanks for your help

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Whoops! Somehow I accidentally marked this as a solution. It definitely has not been solved. I was just wanting to comment that I too, would like a response for this. I’ve been told that this was going to be fixed. What is the status update @bose ???? And please fix this so it is not a solved issue.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Also a thought, I’m pretty sure that the Bluetooth trademark is licensed and only devices that meet basic functionality requirements are allowed to carry the Bluetooth name. This is to ensure companies provide standard for consumers. This Bose 700 Soundbar device fails to meet any standard. Bose, you owe us a comment, and an explanation. Why does this not work???? Plain and simple!? Every other speaker I own works. Why doesn’t your product work?

Highlighted

Hey @Weibull81, as mentioned by @Irina_I on our French Community, we are not aware of the compatibility of these third-party products. 

We do not test the Soundbar 700, or other Bose products, to be compatible with specific turntables. As such, we're unable to comment if they will be directly compatible with your soundbar. A key factor to consider is that the third-party device must be compatible with Bluetooth 4.0, and support A2DP. 

@Derrick, your support ticket is currently with development. There have been no further updates at this time, but we've reached out again and will get back to you when we know more.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.