Derrick
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth unable to pair to Turntable.

Can I get an update on this please? I submitted logs and such and I would like to know when this bug is going to be fixed or whether I should return my soundbar as it is not capable of basic Bluetooth functionality?
Hector_B

Hi Derrick, thanks for your post. We currently don't have any updates, but we can assure you as soon as we know more we will update the community! 

Kind Regards,

Hector_B Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Yawn
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Hi,

I have the same setup and issue . I have an audio technica lp60 BT turntable and Bose soundbar 700 . Cannot get them to pair . Please provide an update on this

Regards
Abi
Charlotte_G

Hi Yawn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

At this point, we do not have any updates for this. As soon as we hear anything, we will update the community.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
JulianF
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hi

i have a ION Pro100BT Bluetooth turntable and I cannot get it to connect to my Bose700 sound bar , it connects to other Bluetooth speakers and I have phones connected to the sound bar

any advice welcom 

Jrdryn
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hello, I purchased an Ion 500BT and am having the same problem as everyone else. It connects to every other Bluetooth speaker in the house just fine, including my Bose mini speaker, but it will not connect to the soundbar. When I put them both into pairing mode, they just continue to flash and nothing ever happens. Any help is appreciated. Thanks...
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello everyone!

We are currently working on replicating this issue with the turntables that you have all mentioned here, and to provide a fix to this.

For us to provide the most effective fix to this, can I ask that you all provide me with as much information as possible here?

Preferably, could I ask for the following information:

1) The model of Turntable being used, and the Bluetooth version/codecs that this runs,

2) What version of the software the Soundbar 700 is running

3) What state is the LED in throughout the attempted pairing process

Thank you all for your continued patience on this, and please get back to me when you can!

Liam W 

Jrdryn
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hi Liam...

My turntable is the Ion Pro 500BT. I have no idea how to figure out what Bluetooth version it is using.

I found out I am using the Bose 500 Soundbar, not the 700 as I had previously stated. The firmware it is running is 4.0.9-6667+0aaa06f.

When I try to sync them, I put them both into discoverable mode, and the blue lights flash on both devices for several minutes and then stops, indicating that no connection was made.

Let me know if there’s any other info you need and thanks for your help!

Jared
Charlotte_G

Hello all, 

Thank you for your patience whilst we have been looking into this matter. 

We have some additional questions that we require to pass over to our development team regarding the pairing process with your other Bose Bluetooth speakers. 

Specifically @Derrick and @Jrdryn, could you please explain the process of how you are connecting your SounkLink Mini to the turntable from an out-of-box state. 

Additionally, @Derrick from the phrase "the turntable discovers and attempts to pair" how do you know that the turntable is attempting to pair to the Soundbar?

I look forward to your responses so that we can add this information to this ticket. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Jrdryn
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hi Charlotte...

Here are the steps I used to pair my turntable with the soundlink mini:

I power on the soundlink and press the discoverable mode button until it flashes blue. Then I power on the turntable and press the discoverable button until it flashes blue. After about 30 seconds, the soundlink chirps indicating it is paired, and the light turns yellow. Sometimes it chirps 3 or 4 times before it actually connects.

Hope that helps. Thanks for your help, I look forward to hearing the solution!