Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth unable to pair to Turntable.

After I spend 950$ for soundbar 700, and waiting to hear the great sound [should be], and from 3 days and trying to connect my LP-60-BT to soundbar with same issue, I find this page with all this guys with same issue, is Bose care about this! 

Advocate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

have you try this solution?

I was having the same issue with an Audio-Technica Bluetooth turntable and tried clearing the Soundbar by holding the Bluetooth button on remote and even unplugging the soundbar, but the turntable would never connect when both the Soundbar 700 and turntable were in pairing mode.  I finally figured out that you have to clear the Bluetooth processing on the turntable.  To accomplish that, you have to do the following:

1. Press and hold down the Bluetooth button on the turntable for about 8-10 seconds. You will see the indicator light flash red and blue rapidly back and forth, but keep holding down the button until you see the light blink red slowly twice, and then go back to flashing red and blue.
  2. Once the light goes back to flashing red and blue you may let go of the button. Wait for the flashing light to time out and go back to solid red.
  3. Once the light is solid red the reset has been completed. Press and hold down the button again to put the turntable into pairing mode (flashing red/blue) and put your Bluetooth receiving device (speaker or headphones) back into pairing mode.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Hi,

I am glad to see that there is a workaround for Audio-Technica devices.

However, I am using a simple bluetooth transmitter (kn321), and I am still unable to connect it to my soundbar 500. 
I successfully connected the transmitter to many other devices.

Is Bose going to fix this? I would expect this from a premium brand. It is sad to see that so many people have reported this issue and after almost a year, the issue still exists. 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2020

it amazes me that after over a year discussion on this topic, Bose still didn’t have a clear answer to this question. Recently bought a Heyday turntable from Target, attempted to connect it to my soundbar 700 but failed. Did a little google search and found this thread. Went through all the replies but it doesn’t seem to have a solution for all. Hope Bose engineers figure it out soon.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Ive just purchased a Bose 500 Soundbar which took 3 days to set up due to poor connectivity generally! I had to reboot, uninstall, reconnect, switch off and unplug so many times I not only lost count but was doing it in my sleep! There was a general drag and dislike of the soundbar to connect and play nice with my Sony Bravia TV, Blue Ray, Sky Q and Headphones. Even Bose Headphones would not connect to the 500! Had to switch of CEC off to get it to work but now find its back on alternate! The App was useless and would not "see" the settings of the 500 most of the time. It took many resets to work. Finally when I was about to throw my hands in the air and give up it seems to have settled down and works. 

Now I want to buy a turntable and after reading all of this am still wondering if I should take this soundbar back. Im looking at the Audio Technica LP120XPT USB and Bluetooth - has anyone got that to work with the 500 yet and if so how please?