Bose Soundbar 700 - Connecting Active Subwoofer

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose Soundbar 700 - Connecting Active Subwoofer

Does anyone know if you have the ability to hook up a non-Bose, non-wireless, active subwoofer to the soundbar 700? Have the Bose bass module but it is just not powerful enough for me and would like to be able to use my Polk sub. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Connecting Active Subwoofer

Honest, technical answer is no.  Even if you decided to run it through an external amp/receiver, that would cause a delay and sound latency would really get ugly.

My only suggestion is buying a second compatible Bose sub if you really need more bass.

2-cents

Sik

6 REPLIES
Friendly Fanatic

Honest, technical answer is no.  Even if you decided to run it through an external amp/receiver, that would cause a delay and sound latency would really get ugly.

My only suggestion is buying a second compatible Bose sub if you really need more bass.

2-cents

Sik

Audible Advocate

Thanks for the response! Figured as much.

I currently have the Bass Module 500 after going back and forth between that and spending the extra $300 on the Bass Module 700. Any thoughts on purchasing another 500 and placing it on the other side of the TV vs. returning the 500 and upgrading to the 700?
Friendly Fanatic

I currently use the Soundbar 700, with the Bass Module 700.  Listening to the Soundbar 500 w/the Bass Module 500, I found that there was more thump with the 700 series.  When I was in the store testing the sound, customers standing beside me all came to the same conclusion.  It was no contest.  Smiley Happy

So, if you can upgrade both pieces to the 700 series.  (if you can)

Sik

Audible Advocate

Thanks! I already have the soundbar 700 but decided to cost cut a bit and get the cheaper bass module. I think I’ll go ahead and return the 500 and upgrade to the bass module 700. Thanks for the advice!
Audible Advocate

I have asked a similar question regarding adding a non Bose sub to my lifestyle 650, I am waiting a response as the 650 has an audio output for a sub (with a 3.5mm cable). My theory is to use a 3.5mm splitter lead and send a 3.5mm to my Bose sub then send the other 3.5mm into a phono adapter and plug into my spare active sub. People are suggesting using another receiver but I don’t see why as most aftermarket subs are all active. I think this will work and if I don’t get a reply in a few days I will buy a splitter and try it. Keep an eye on my thread .....

@Twells43203 wrote:
Does anyone know if you have the ability to hook up a non-Bose, non-wireless, active subwoofer to the soundbar 700? Have the Bose bass module but it is just not powerful enough for me and would like to be able to use my Polk sub. Thanks!

Wistful Whisperer

I’d be very interested as to how this works. I have a JL Audio E-110 subwoofer that I used with my old Yamaha Soundbar that died. I tried using the 3.5mm plug on the Soundbar 700 labeled “bass” to connect my subwoofer, but no signal comes from that jack. Apparently you have to first pair a Bose subwoofer or maybe the signal on that output is something other than an analog output.