Highlighted
DADM
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 - Controlling Apple TV

Hello,

I recently bought a Soundbar 700, and was able to pair de universal remote without any issues. I later added the Apple TV to the remote through the music app; however, the center navigation (select button) button does not work on the Apple TV. Everything else works. Any suggestions?

Also, I am able to get the universal remote to turn on / off the soundbar and TV, but not to turn off the Apple TV. Is it possible that this is due to the fact that the Apple TV is located behind the soundbar?

Thanks in advance,

DADM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Controlling Apple TV

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi DADM,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

Since the IR blasters are located on the front of the Soundbar 700, it would not be able to send the signal to your Apple TV. I would suggest moving it from behind the soundbar and to the side of it or above. 

The universal remote uses a Bluetooth signal to communicate to the soundbar; then from the soundbar, it sends out the IR signals to control other devices.

How have you been enjoying your Soundbar 700?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi DADM,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

Since the IR blasters are located on the front of the Soundbar 700, it would not be able to send the signal to your Apple TV. I would suggest moving it from behind the soundbar and to the side of it or above. 

The universal remote uses a Bluetooth signal to communicate to the soundbar; then from the soundbar, it sends out the IR signals to control other devices.

How have you been enjoying your Soundbar 700?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

DADM
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Thanks, Joel. I moved the Apple TV and used the advance setup option to get the remote to work properly. Now the one thing that I am struggling with is turning off the Apple TV. The remote turns off the soundbar and TV, just not the Apple TV. What can I do about this?

Loving the soundbar otherwise.

Best,

DADM

Hello DADM,

Thanks for replying!

Glad to hear its working for you and how much you're loving your Soundbar 700.

After some further investigating for you, you cannot entirely turn off an Apple TV but instead put it into standby mode only.

From this article located HERE, I found these steps:

• Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation): With your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote,* press and hold the Home button for five seconds, then select Sleep. Or select Sleep Now in Settings.
  • Apple TV (3rd generation and earlier): With your Apple Remote (aluminum or white), press and hold Play/Pause for five seconds. Or select Sleep Now in Settings.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Raymond_S
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Hi, 

Question, did you ever get the universal remote to switch on the Apple TV4 after it was in sleep mode. Everything else works for me but just cannot wakeup the Apple TV4.

Thanks