afcchris
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Hi. Managed to follow some of the troubleshooting tips in the 11 pages of this thread. Finally I have the speaker showing up in my sound output list on the tv again. Not sure how long this will last as it was there before and then disappeared just like many other people inconvenienced by this. Now I have a different problem. My main source is an amazon fire tv stick. I can’t find this in the list of brands for streaming devices. Seems to me that if I can’t add this then I can’t use my Firestick. Please help.
Hector_B

Hi afcchris, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I have a few questions that I would like to ask to better understand this issue: 

• How do you currently have your system set up?
  • Where is the Firestick plugged into as well as what port is the Soundbar in?
  • What are you attempting to stream through the firestick?  

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
afcchris
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Hi

Firestick is in HDMI 1 port of my tv

Bose is in HDM 2 (ARC) port. 

Not sure what the relevance is about what i am streaming on my fire tv stick really. Surely anything that i stream through it (be it Netflix/Prime video etc) should be able to be heard? Anyway, I have an update. While i couldn't hear anything output from the fire stick before i can now after some playing around. I still would like to be able to control the firestick from the Bose remote so do you have a way of me identifying the box in your setup process? There are many many firesticks/fire tv boxes in the market so you should have support for them.

Regards

Chris

Hector_B

Hi Afcchris, 

Thanks for updating me on this. I am glad to hear that you are now getting audio through your system. 

You should be able to do this as long as the TV has CEC enabled. This can be adjusted in your TV settings. 

However I would recommend using the Firestick remote as it will be more responsive compared to the universal remote. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
redwingfn02
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2019

I'm having the same issue with the 700 series sound bar. Ready to return it. I have the 75" Samsung Q7 series tv. I was able to connect it, but after about 3 weeks it stopped working. Is this something that can be resolved easliy or should I just return it?

Jessie_O

Hi Redwingfn02, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear about your issues and I'd be happy to advise. 

I would recommend following the steps on page 11 on this thread. I have included them below for ease of navigating: 

1. Unplug the Soundbar 700 from power
  2. Unplug your TV from power
  3. Plug the Soundbar 700 back in and change the source to TV
  4. Then plug your TV back into power.

This should reset the handshake between the TV and the SoundBar and bring back your audio. 

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@redwingfn02 wrote:

I'm having the same issue with the 700 series sound bar. Ready to return it. I have the 75" Samsung Q7 series tv. I was able to connect it, but after about 3 weeks it stopped working. Is this something that can be resolved easliy or should I just return it?

Samsung recently issued an update that addressed a lot of general issues. Check your updated status. It may be you need to update the TV. Alternatively and more troubling, the update may be the source of your problem.

arussel2
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

As someone who had these issues dating back to last year, I have finally found a solution to my issues through my own trial/error.  Some of the suggestions on here helped, but didn't solve these issues longer term.

I have a 2018 4K LGTV.  I found that I need to have all of my connected devices powered on when I'm playing audio through my soundbar via the TV with ARC even if they aren't the ones selected.  In other words, if my Mac Mini isn't powered on, more often than not I can't get ARC audio, even from other inputs.  In conjunction with this, I now use the Bose remote (not my tv remote except when 100% necessary) to turn my TV on and off and switch inputs.  The button that looks like a TV on the Bose remote is key here, so make sure you press that so it lights up and sends the sound through your tv.

I am now on 1 month doing the above and have had no issues with the sound staying on via my soundbar.  I've since added the sub and surround speakers as well once I solved the ARC issues I was having.

I hope someone finds this helpful, and you may need to use it in addition to some of the other suggestions from Bose and other users.  Good luck.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@arussel2 wrote:

As someone who had these issues dating back to last year, I have finally found a solution to my issues through my own trial/error.  Some of the suggestions on here helped, but didn't solve these issues longer term.

I have a 2018 4K LGTV.  I found that I need to have all of my connected devices powered on when I'm playing audio through my soundbar via the TV with ARC even if they aren't the ones selected.  In other words, if my Mac Mini isn't powered on, more often than not I can't get ARC audio, even from other inputs.  In conjunction with this, I now use the Bose remote (not my tv remote except when 100% necessary) to turn my TV on and off and switch inputs.  The button that looks like a TV on the Bose remote is key here, so make sure you press that so it lights up and sends the sound through your tv.

I am now on 1 month doing the above and have had no issues with the sound staying on via my soundbar.  I've since added the sub and surround speakers as well once I solved the ARC issues I was having.

I hope someone finds this helpful, and you may need to use it in addition to some of the other suggestions from Bose and other users.  Good luck.

All good points! I beleive that is why CEC plays a big role in the Arc standard. It’s all about the handshake.

afcchris
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

hi there. my soundbar has predictably started having issues again. Its the same cycle as originally happened where it worked for some time and then started going wrong. This happened to other people on this forum too. 

To give more details about what is happening now, I am still on HDMI only (not optical) but the source is switching to the TV sound. When i switch the sound to the soundbar then the sound is coming from the TV and the soundbar too! I can hear this happen if i mute the soundbar and then i still hear the tv sound. The only way i can get just the soundbar to work on it's own is to switch to optical setting on the sound source and then the tv sound stops and i can just hear the soundbar. As mentioned optiical cable is NOT plugged in! Even when i do this i get issues using my amazpn fire tv control volume buttons as i normally can, so i need to use the bose control. 

I will go through the same troubleshooting steps that i did before but i really shouldn't have to do this again and again...

When will you start listening to people on this thread and fix these issues?