Rollexx
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Update. The new firmware 409 along with taking all my hdmi attachment off standby seems to have the hdmi arc working. I had to factory reset the Bose 700 sound bar. Updating the firmware manually is stressful. Don’t know why Bose didn’t make the sound bar app more like the sound touch app. In the sound touch app you can see the update in real time.
Nobull
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

Looking to purchase the Bose 700 but only if
the arc works flawlessly with my hisense
HisenseUHDTVHA65m7000uwtg
Thanks
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I don't know about that TV, but the Bose products work flawlessly for most people while others have problems.  The best way to find out, in my opinion, is purchase the product and try it.  Just make sure you return it to the store within their return policy if you have problems.

Punker
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

The cause of errors in the malfunctioning of wireless audio equipment connections can be wrong or incorrectly configured router / modem. Sometimes IP access points do not work properly with the hardware.

That is why it is good to check how the equipment works in a completely different environment.
afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

@Punker  I still don't see the relevence. This is about connection with HDMI cable and nothing to do with network. 

Highlighted
ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

@Punker wrote:

The cause of errors in the malfunctioning of wireless audio equipment connections can be wrong or incorrectly configured router / modem. Sometimes IP access points do not work properly with the hardware. [...]

#

We are in the year 22 after the introduction of WLAN 802.11 Standard; Wi-Fi since 1999.

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It's got NOTHING to do with WIFI.

Lith
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Wow, I love the internet - things like this are why magazine reviews and "test runs" in stores are not enough to decide on whether a product is going to be good for you.  I was basically sold from what I had read and seen so far, but just did some further research to find what people's experiences were with these after a bit of ownership and this looks like a complete disaster.

I'll follow this thread to see if an update comes along which fixes this issue, but this is definitely quite a put off - its clear that most people who are having the issue have had HDMI ARC running flawlessly with other devices before they acquired the 700, which is concerning and may have saved me a lot of expensive frustration.

If people have resolved this without having to resort to just using the Optical cable, and without having to do recurring work arounds please update the thread as otherwise this seems like a great product - but this bug is more than just a slight fly in the ointment.

Donato2099
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Hello all, I too have expressed my disappointment with this issue in the past. I’m still using HDMI ARC until now and here’s what I have been doing so far.

After following the steps to reset the hand shaking of the soundbar with my tv (all those steps regarding pulling out cables and power supply) I found out that whenever the connection is broken between tv and sound bar, I just switch off my tv and turn off the power (i have a switch in my plug so no need to pull it out). I count 5 seconds and turn the tv on again and the connection is back.

Still not perfect and I’m still hoping bose will put some effort in resolving this.
afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

It’s happening for a lot of us but apparently not for lots more people. My local store tells me they sell 7-8 a week and no returns yet. After my latest failed attempts to connect via HDMI they asked me to bring my unit to the store to try on their tv. It’s a Samsung like mine but different model. They plugged in and it worked first time. I then took it home and plugged in my tv and it worked and continues to work after a week. Maybe there is something in this powering off of the bar/tv but I had done that before taking to the shop too, and even tried the bizarre suggestion of changing the power socket to another.

I made the point to the guy in the shop that I know it will probably stop working again and that is the issue I have as we shouldn’t have to keep doing this for such an expensive piece of kit. He suggested using the optical cable and tried to convince me the sound was exactly the same. I don’t buy that, and of course I like the ARC connectivity and what it brings to the table. They really need to sort this out. If Ford sold a car it wouldn’t be acceptable for 98% of them to work fine and for the 2% of people to have issues!