Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Highlighted
ybo
Vocal Volunteer

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

@jimgfitz wrote:

It's got NOTHING to do with WIFI.

#

I am not sure about this. Last Friday we had a short break (approx. 5 sec.) in the WiFi-Accesspoint. After that we could not control the volume of the Soundbar anymore. Pressing the volume knop on the Panasonic Remote did not show any reaction on the Bose Soundbar 700. We had to restart both systems.

Before the firmware update 4.0.8 (!) we had definetively no ARC/CEC issues at all. Our other (kitchen) system - Panasonic-TV and Soundbar 500 - is working without any of these issues until today.

Animated Arbiter

It seems to me that all these issues with CEC relate to specific set ups ie: particular makes/models of TV's. Therefore I would suggest that Bose gather this relevant information to assist them in rectifying the problems instead of repeating the fault finding info in the manual to very frustrated customers.
Quiet Contributor

I too am having random cut outs with the sb700 HDMI arc connected to my LG C8 OLED . I tried all the suggested steps to fix it and it seems like it works for a little while but eventually returns to cutting out. I also tried the optical cable that seemed to lack in quality compared to HDMI but it too cut out but not as frequent. Wondering if this is something that can be fixed through a update or should I be looking into returning my system.

Quiet Contributor

Hey Andy,

Having the some issue, I have tried everything that has been posted but nothing is working?
Using optical at the moment but want to use the HDMI
My TV is a LG webOS TV UH652T
SB700

Firmware is up to date on both units.

Thanks
Quiet Contributor

I just purchased the SB700 the bass unit and surround speakers. Things were working fine for the last week till today. I have tried everything posted here. To say I am deeply frustrated in Bose is an understatement. I actually sold my V35 system because I wanted wireless. I will be highly disappointed if I have to go back to using my $300 Samsung Soundbar that did not have any issues. Please help!! I have a samsung tv. Neither Apple TV or my cable box have sound. I have the latest firmware 4.11-6679+cb4c111.
Quiet Contributor

Would turning off CEC help stop the the audio from cutting out?
Audible Advocate

Same story here. Had the SB700 for three days and it was was working perfectly. Then is suddenly failed. Was not able to connect to TV. Audio options were reduced to TV and Line Out.

Followed instructions from earlier posts to reset both the TV and SB700. Frustrating as the TV is wall mounted. Got it working and then 48hrs later (tonight) it failed again. Went through the reset process AGAIN and it’s now working again. I simply can’t do this every other day.

My TV is Samsung UA55HU8600. Latest firmware installed on TV and SB700.
Audible Advocate

Bose is just avoiding this problem everyone is having with their sound bars disconnecting causing the sound and in our case, the picture to drop! Our sound system worked fine until the latest firmware update. And yes, we have tried every suggestion you have posted to try and fix the problem! If Bose can’t fix this problem immediately, we will be returning our sound bar 700 and our home theater speakers. I would never recommend Bose to anyone again!

PS: I have a video of the problem, but your website won’t support the video. If someone in customer service would provide me their email address, I can forward the video to you.

Samant

Audible Advocate

This is driving me crazy! I’m having to do it again tonight. It’s gone from a 72hr to 48hr to 24hr cycle of pain with this useless unit.

Bose: do something about this. This is ridiculous. Sending me videos that insult my intelligence and recommend I do exactly what I’ve been doing is not good enough. I’d expect this service and product quality from a no-name piece of crap $100 soundbar but this is supposed to be the premium soundbar.

Furious is an understatement.

Hi @Samant and @Befort

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this issue.

If you have both already attempted the troubleshooting methods in this thread and the issues are persisting, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B