Hogans
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

I used a different HDMI cable as well, for high speed and HD. Plus oddly when I turned in our xbox one s it started working & been working since! Hesitant on saying anything for fear it would jibe it!!!

@Tj_harvey wrote:

Hi everyone, just want to give abit of advice as I was having the same issue with my Samsung ks8000 and the Bose soundtouch 700, constant issues with arc and the Soundbar not working, this was a replacement with the Bose soundtouch 300, i since purchased a Samsung Q90r, was getting constant drop out in sound, so I thought that it was a arc issue unti I changed the hdmi cable that come with the Bose soundtouch 700 to the one that come with the soundtouch 300, and hay presto the tv recognised the soundtouch the Bose logo appeared, never seen that before, plus the tv picked it up as soundtouch 700, so definitely a problem with the new hdmi cable, even though the new hdmi cable is a better cable, this was the issue for me, everything working perfectly, hope this helps some people out, 

Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Are you sure it was the cable . Did you swap them back again to see if the first one was still faulty. It may have just started working because disconnecting and changing cable would have made bar handshake with TV again.

Tj_harvey
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Tried the 1s cable about 10 times, reset the Soundbar about 5 times and no good tv wouldn’t recognise the Soundbar at all,  till I connected the old cable, might not be but it’s just strange it worked straight away with old cable, might not be the problem but just wanted to tell everybody my issue as it might be the cause for there’s, 

Befort
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

After messing around with disconnecting, reconnecting, resetting and repowering, I had to get a new TV (Samsung Q75R). It now works really well and the TV seems to recognise the SB700 quite well. 24hrs in so I hope I havent jinxed it but the way it operates and turns on in sequence gives me some reassurance that the problem is fixed (no thanks to Bose or Samsung). 

I can honestly say that I will never buy Bose again. I love my Soundsport so perhaps I’ll consider headphones but never again for home audio. Never. 

The lack of integration with other Bose units is also infuriating (I have three Bose apps on my phone now) and is a clear attempt to suck idiotic buyers into buying more and more useless crap. And yes, I am/was an idiotic buyer... but no longer. 

wing
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Agree Bose really should not sell their soundbars with all these unresolved issues out there. Makes no sense to have to test with a number of hdmi cables to see which ones "fit" so that it can be recognised on the system.  Somebody even said that their hdmi cable provided by Bose with the soundbar did not work, but an old hdmi cable did...sigh!

Mine had the hdmi work for just 2 days, and then the sound was gone. I tried several cables, even bought a new hdmi cable, but they did not work ether. Then brought the soundbar to the shop where I bought the soundbar to try on their demo LG TV (mine was Samsung) with a hdmi cable and that did not work either.  It seems that it's hit or miss with the Bose soundbar...yep, I should have checked out the community chatter before buying. My fault!  I've had several Bose wireless headphones and soundsport wireless speakers before, and those worked well, so I was lulled into thinking Bose would know about soundbars too...wrong!

afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

What did Bose say when the Soundbar didn’t connect to their TV? Annoyingly I had the opposite and it worked and obviously they were pleased and smug! 

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@afcchris wrote:

What did Bose say when the Soundbar didn’t connect to their TV? Annoyingly I had the opposite and it worked and obviously they were pleased and smug! 

Are you complaining because your's worked?

afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

I am not complaining. I’m just saying it was annoying when my Soundbar connected fine to their TV after weeks of not working at home. If it didn’t work then it would have helped my case. In any case the main point of the post was to ask what happened to the other poster when it didn’t work in the shop...

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@afcchris wrote:

I am not complaining. I’m just saying it was annoying when my Soundbar connected fine to their TV after weeks of not working at home. If it didn’t work then it would have helped my case. In any case the main point of the post was to ask what happened to the other poster when it didn’t work in the shop...

I'm sorry.  I thought your's worked at home, so you were annoyed for some reason.

wing
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

The hdmi still didn't work with the TV at the shop. So that's that..have to live with the risk.  😞