Liamoconghaile
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

This issue is infuriating! Hopefully they fix it ASAP. 

Scoobyterzo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

I had issues when I 1st brought mine with it not connecting to tv I discovered that it was my sky q box coming on through the night and for some reason kicking the sound bar off so I tuned the cec of on the sky box and things were fine for a month until every so often I’d turn tv on with Bose remote and sound bar wouldn’t come on so would have to turn tv of and back on and things where fine. About 4 weeks ago my broadband went down and had to connect a new router but never connected the sound bar to WiFi and since then I’ve had no issues at all so could it be todo with there WiFi connection on the sound bar being poor 

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Looks like the recent firmware update has screwed up eARC / CEC ... my TV has no sound at all the last 3-5 days since some update. Can't get it to work without a factory reset which is a joke.

GrizzlyX
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Arc will cut in and out for me and will sometimes come back when I unplug both TV and Bose soundbar from power source for 10 seconds.

This was not happening until yesterday. I've has the bose for close to a month and it was working fine until yesterday. 

LG OLED 55 C8 PUA 

Software: 05.10.03

Bose 700

Software: 5.0.12-7158+9376780

Apex Ditrick
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

My soundbar 700 on 5.0.12-7158+9376780 also notice HDMI ARC sound drop on my sony TV. It been working fine on both device for months. Only the last 3 days kept having sound drop. (when this happen the TV will says switch to Tv speaker) 

Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

How odd theres been no response from Bose on this latest mess. I wonder why??

Krocfamily
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

LG C8 tv as well, having HDMI-ARC problems like everyone else recently.  I can get the soundbar to work by unplugging power for 30 seconds.  The crappy thing is that when it powers up, the volume is at 75% and blasts until I can get it lowered, and it's always in the morning when rest of family is asleep.  

Don't understand that one...  it usually works all day and then no longer working in morning and have to unplug and start all over.  

Mangbeloy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

I just purchase my soundbar 700 last saturday and its been such a disappointment ever since with the connection with hdmi arc. I had been reseting in for numerous times and the resault is the same. It will work after i finish installing it but once i turn off my tv it will loose the connection to hdmi arc. My tv will keep switching back to internal speakers. Such an expensive soundbar to just use a optical cable. I am returning it today while i still can. Hopefully they resolve this issue. Such an disappointment. 

Derrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Sorry others are havining issues. I just want to report that for the first time in 4 months, everything seems to be working correctly for me and all the HDMI/ARC issue seem to be taken care of.

I have:

- Soundbar 700, Bass 700, and wireless speakers (not 700s).

- Samsung UN55JU6400 TV

- Xbox and Apple TV connected

I know it's frustrating for others to hear that my stuff is working but believe me, I have had these issues for 4 months. I feel your pain! I'm only sharing this info so hopefully Bose doesn't screw up my stuff while fixing others' problems. 

Is it just me, or, does it seem like issues with Samsung TV's have been fixed, and now issues with Sony and LG have been created? Any others Samsung TV owners out there getting the same results as me?

I am formally requesting (for what it's worth) that Bose allow users the option to opt-out of automatic firmware updates! I would just disconnect it from the network, however, that doesn't seem lkike an option since it is heavily dependent on the internet. I would be perfectly happy with the soundbar running as is for the rest of my ownership. No new feature is worth sacrificing basic functionality for months at a time. I Hope Bose fixes all the new issues others are now experiencing, but I really hope they dont screw mine up again. Good luck everbody! 

Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Just brought Bose 700 soundbar bar plus sub and rear speakers and are working fine with Sony xe930 just to let you know,no sound drops as well,feel sorry for other but hope Bose sorts this without messing something else up.bose just give us a option to download firmware updates or not.