Longprao
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

I bought the fullset soundbar 700 with bass and surround few days ago, and my TV is LG OLED C8PTA. Both on latest firmware update. Same thing happened as everyone, at least several times. No sound from TV. I tried everything people suggested but the only thing that works is to unplug the soundbar, wait 10 sec, plug again, then wait for it to reboot. Very frustrating for a $2000 speaker.

I notice it usually happens when the soundbar is in standby mode but the tv is turned back on. OR when the tv is in screen saver (not playing anything but still on), and I switch to bluetooth then back. TV will switch back to internal speaker. No sound when I change back to ARC, despite the soundbar and remote is working. Must replug.

One more thing, bluetooth is crappy too, I use it wih my PC which has bluetooth 5 integrated in mainboard (GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI), and the sound always has delay for about 500ms. So can’t play games with the bar.

joshieisking
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Didn’t realise this was a widespread issue. Running an LG TV with the Soundbar 700 with an Apple TV. Been running smoothly for the past 3 months that I’ve had it but it just stopped working a couple of days ago. Tried one of the suggestions about disconnecting everything and reconnecting. It worked for a night and stopped working after I turned it off. Please give us a response on this Bose. 

piero123
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I bought the soundbar 700 with bass a month ago, and my TV is LG OLED 55C9. Both on latest firmware update. After several times no sound from TV and soundbar, i tried to switch input like chromecast, firetv, smartphone and nothing.

i can't plug and unplug the soundbar every time.

I need a solution from bose.

Dizzle
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I agree. Purchased everything about 6 months ago and worked fine with my LG TV till 8/25. Now I can only get it 

to work be resetting everything and it only lasts for a few hours. I’m so frustrated and reading 28 pages of others feeling the same doesn’t help. Long been a defender and customer of Bose, will rethink now. 

jdrmd
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2019

LG C8 and Bose Soundbar 700.  Latest firmware on both.  No sound unless I unplug the soundbar, wait till the light goes off then restart the TV.  This fix works most of the time but not all of the time.  Started Sunday.  REALLY getting tired of these issues.  Would seriously reconsider this purchase if I had it to do over again.

Mangbeloy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

I gave it one more try before i desided to retured the soundbar 700 with the hdmi arc no such luck still the same thing. I tried using the optical cable and it seems to be working fine. I turned of the tv and the cable box when i turn it back on i got the audio signal right away.  Using the optical cable give me and option to use internal speakers ot the external speaker thru tv. Now my question is am i still getting the same audio signal like hdmi arc cable, is there a difference on the audio signal? 

Marcia2512
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I have exactly the same issues, since this weekend. Also an LG TV with HDMI ARC connected, it has worked fine for 4/5 months and now since the last few days it seems to have an issue with the connection. Turning on the tv does not result in any sound and all the tricks do not seem to help.. 😞 

I did not read all the messages yet, but was it maybe the result of a software upgrade?

Matt A
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Im having the exact same issues as everyone else in this thread, spent $2000 for the soundbar 700 and base module, I wanted to buy the rear speakers to add to my setup but now im seriously considering to return everything. If i had seen this thread before buying i would of avoided this purchase.

- Worked flawlessly for 2 weeks and was very happy until one day and now this...

- Im not opting to use the optical cable, this is not a fix but a work around

- TV Model is LG 55UF6450 4K

- Both TV and speaker has the latest firmware

- As previously mentioned by another post with an LG TV, when Simplink is turned off and on again in TV settings the sound comes back without having to reset/unplug everything.

I dont see any update from bose and their progress, this should be able to be fixed in a firmware update but considering the lack of response despite the escalation im starting to wonder if this is hardware related and thats why there has been no traction. Im a fan of bose and this is my second system from them and ultimately the last if there is no fix soon, this has really changed my view on bose products.

Please provide an immediate update on this issue:

1. Confirm if this can be fixed in a firmware upgrade?

2. Explain why this occurs not immediately but after a short time period?

3. This issue is systemic, when can we expect to see a fix?

Mangbeloy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Bose just release apps update version 2.3.2 not sure if includes firmware updates

Krocfamily
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Yes, there was a firmware update that came along with the app update.  LG tv hdmi-arc issue seems to be fixed!  (For now)