Krocfamily
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Hey guys,  after my app updated, I unplugged the soundbar.  When I powered it back up, it did the usual blinking white light which means the firmware is being updated.  Since then, my soundbar has worked with no issues with LG C8 OLED.  

unplugging the unit seems to force the update sooner.   Good luck 

VertigoMitch
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

@Krocfamily wrote:

Hey guys,  after my app updated, I unplugged the soundbar.  When I powered it back up, it did the usual blinking white light which means the firmware is being updated.  Since then, my soundbar has worked with no issues with LG C8 OLED.  

unplugging the unit seems to force the update sooner.   Good luck 

If you head into the Bose Music app > Settings on your Soundbar 700 > Technical Info > What firmware version is being displayed? I'm interested if Bose has released a quick fix for this or if it's a coincidence that it managed to connect to your TV. Many people including myself can get the Soundbar 700 to connect by resetting the power. However, once you turn the TV off and back on, the Soundbar 700 refuses to CEC handshake again as if it's stuck.

afcchris
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Good to read more of a mixture of bad and good news on the numerous updates lately. The update for the music app made some reference to fixing of connection issues so I hope this is the fix we wanted to happen. I am not sure if mine has updated as I was away for a month and just got back today. Mine has been working for a couple of months. Sod’s law I will be screwed up again by the update! 

Hooe everyone else will be fixed soon 

brandon1231
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2019

I have the Bose 700 soundbar for 8 months already and since 5 days ago the sound from the ARC stop working. I have to unplug the soundbar and plug it back on for the sound to work, and every time I turn off the TV and turn it back on, the sound goes away. It is very frustrating. I factory reset the soundbar and the TV and the issue still remain. Bose support only said to use the Optical cable instead, that's not a solution, sound is not the same at all, specially when watching 4k blue rays. Something needs to be done in the Bose firmware. 

Sh@wn
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I also switched to the inferior optical. Now my TV remote does not control volume, just the Bose remote. I also had to remove my Google Assistant account because it was terrible on the Bose soundbar. It only worked part of the time and often its verbal response didnt even make sense. The hardware (soundbar) is impressive but the firmware is deplorable... I'm disappointed with Bose.

Dizzle
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Yes, this is my situation and it is frustrating. I have a LG OLED B6 and like you it was fine for months but all of sudden it changed. I am disappointed in Bose for the respose of just using the optical. The change that caused the problem was on thier end, why must I choose something less desireable and lose some options I purchased the sound bar for. This situation and reading through this message board just depresses me. 

Mangbeloy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Recent Apps update works for me for only overnight. The next morning i turned on the tv its the same situation all over again. Its almost a week now since i posted on this thred about our problem.funny we dont hear anything from Bose people.. 

Longprao
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

New app update still doesn’t work. LG C8 OLED here. I paused the movie for a while so the soundbar auto went standby, and when I clicked on the remote for it to wakeup, no sound.

Had to unplug and plug again. It seems to turn on and receive sound faster than before though.

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I think the use of an optical cable is just a temporary "work-around" so you can use your product while Bose tries to solve the problem.

jdrmd
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2019

I have a solution...roll me back to the previous version of the firmware and let me decide what updates I install.