Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

I’ve also lost all ability to play sound from my TV through my 700 soundbar.

Sony K9AF TV. The TV says “TV speakers active due to audio system communication failure”.  After reading this post I’ve decided to return the setup to Bose and get a Sonos.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Just come back from holiday and I have the same issue with an LG B6 TV. The sound  worked a treat and I was really happy with my purchase, even bought the SoundLink Revolve plus for my holiday as a result, but now just comes up with the ‘no entry’ type symbol where the volume counter normally appears. Very frustrating to preform a hard reset to hear sound from the very expensive soundbar, Bose please fix this ASAP and while you’re at it allow us to select the TV source option from the app. It will be very disappointing to return the soundbar due to this issue.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Happening to me as well. Same error and it's not a TV issue in my view. Bose must fix it.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Same issue here.  Just started in last week or two after it worked okay for months.  LG C8 OLED. 

Has as anyone here been able to get or make Bose accept a return?  

Certain feel I should have bought my second choice Sonos at this point.  The Bose phone app has a terrible UI btw but that’s secondary to the ARC bug. 

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Very frustrating having to unplug and reset everything just to watch TV. Thank goodness I purchased extended warranty. Taking it back tomorrow. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Need to be very clear here to BOSE

ARC is a mess after the last firmware update

I have the TOP of the line LG OLED C9 display, one of the best TV's of 2019 and I cant even turn it off/on with my AppleTV4K unit.

It was working PERFECTLY FINE for the past two months. I could turn the TV and soundbar on with my AppleTV4K without issue. Now, I cant turn the BOSE 700 on, and I can no longer control the volume on either my LG TV remote or AppleTV4K remote. I use HDMI and have HDMI 2.1 Specification Cables (from Apple). I have top of the range gear here and Ive invested in your BOSE 700 Subwoofer and rear speakers, and its no longer functioning as intended.

The above all works when I fresh restart the power to the BOSE 700. However, as soon as the unit sleeps, I lose ARC connectivity upon turning on the device with the TV and AppleTV4K.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. FIX YOUR PRODUCT or ill be pursing this further.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Well it seems that in trying to fix some people Bose have actually broken a lot of other people. Great job Bose. What an almighty mess this is. I don’t think this will ever get fixed. Bose will say it’s the TV and the TV manufacturers will say it’s the sound bar. This doesn’t happen wirh other aoundbars i’n sure 

This is is a defective product and should be recalled and everyone offered a refund. 

Bose - please respond to this post with some honest views. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Hi all!

I just found this thread and I'm having the same issue with arc as the rest here.

My tv is a Samsung 65Q9FN wich is one of Samsung's top QLED models from 2018 so I don't believe this is a issue with the tv.

No sound from the soundbar after the speaker has been in standby mode. I can't change the volume using the TV remote. I can't belive this is hapening with a "premium" product like Bose is supposed to be.

Has anyone contacted Bose support on this issue? What's there response on this?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Hello everyone, I was just in anger waiting for an update that will fix the errors, but I got even more negative points. I have never seen such reckless stupid programmers anywhere else as in BOSE. Why do we have to suffer and to tug on the power cord on a poor soundbar, in order to somehow solve the problem. The power cord will soon fall off from such actions. People bought by the way, for $ 499 the rear speakers get a 5.1 sound loss, so bose values ​​their customers who give $ 2000 and live next to the equipment to somehow make it work.

For two months you can’t make the system work.
I’m not talking about how boorish the company is about its customers. Another year ago you were asked about deezer HIFI and that in return, everyone has HIFI, the Boser does not have deezer HIFI. Just nonsense. The rear speakers work so quietly that only with a hearing aid can you hear something in them.

Optical cable let programmers plug themselves into ().()

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

I have a Soundbar 700 and LG B8PUA 65".  Worked reasonably well since the end of 2018.  This week, CEC/HDMI ARC went south.  Hey Bose, how about sending someone to my house to get on a ladder and plug and replug/reboot after every time I turn the TV off and then back on?  Listen, the least you owe us is some communication.  We expect more.