Highlighted
wireless200
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

How many of ya have called them and gotten an acknowledgement and answer as to when this will be fixed?   Don’t think they are monitoring this complaint-fest anymore.  

Highlighted
stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

I called up earlier this afternoon and provided some logs for them to look into.

It was apparent that they are aware of the problem, also did acknowledge the previous speaker crackling firmware break..! But not maybe not tons of people called in to register the issue, rather than hold/hope/wait. 

I would be at least calling in to complain, get it on their radar as the top priority. 

Highlighted
SteveMo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Yes. I contacted support on Thursday, Friday and again today.

Friday I told them we had no acknowledgement whatsoever and a few hours later they finally posted on here about it.

”No new news” was all I got today.

Shambles!

Highlighted
ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@wireless200 wrote:

How many of ya have called them and gotten an acknowledgement and answer as to when this will be fixed?   Don’t think they are monitoring this complaint-fest anymore.  

I am in contact with the support as well, and provided some logs 1 day after the release of the firmware for:

- sound drop out issue

- hdmi/arc not working

The last answer from today is:

They can confirm the escalation is currently under review. they are monitoring this daily to see of any updates from the escalations team....

As soon as i have any news they will be in touch.

To be honest looking at the forum and how widespread the issue is, I doubt they need logs. They just need to test their software that's all... and fix it without breaking something else this time...

Highlighted
Jmm17
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I’ve started a support case with them as well. Currently still working through all their reset advice (Disable CEC, unplug tv and sound and then switch things back on in a specific sequence). I know it will work for a bit, but after an hour or so the sound bar starts to play up again and loses connectivity with the TV. Then I have to do the whole reset procedure again. The whole setup was working fine for about 2 months then this happened about 1 week ago. My TV is the master series from Sony (A9F Oled). I only have a FOXTEL IQ4 box plugged into the TV. Not a very unusual setup I imagine.

Bose was this caused by some recent upgrade? Are you looking into it?

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Bose is obviously aware of the problem and trying to fix it.  It's just too bad that it's taking so long.  It would be beneficial if a moderator would respond here every once-in-a-while to assure customers that this problem will get resolved.

Highlighted
nischit7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

I have a different problem.

I already have a bose 700 5.1 wireless home theatre setup. Bose is connected via HDMI ARC to my LG OLED TV. On a given day, start all the systems (including TV). The speaker gets sounds, everything is great. Take a break, use the bose remote and power off the system (it just goes to stand by mode by the way). Take a break for few hours and come back. Switch on using bose remote. Now the speaker does not get any sound. Restart all the system by turning off the power. After bose reboots, speaker gets sound. It "works"!!!. This has happened since the day I bought the bose speaker. I didnt post it on the forum as I was lazy, but it is frustrating now. I did the following to troubleshoot.

1) Whenever no sound comes in the speaker, I see that the bose music app still says "connected to TV".

2) Using the bose remote, I have switched ON/OFF many times.

3) My software on Bose is upto date

4) I connected another HDMI ARC cable and issue remains

5) My TV settings is always saying sound connected via HDMI ARC

6) Frustrated, I did a factory reset of bose speaker and setup everything fresh. Now I have done this 3 or 4 times. Issue persists!!!

The saga continues everyday. I have to power off and start the system to make it all work.

Any help here???

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

@nischit7 wrote:

I have a different problem.

I already have a bose 700 5.1 wireless home theatre setup. Bose is connected via HDMI ARC to my LG OLED TV. On a given day, start all the systems (including TV). The speaker gets sounds, everything is great. Take a break, use the bose remote and power off the system (it just goes to stand by mode by the way). Take a break for few hours and come back. Switch on using bose remote. Now the speaker does not get any sound. Restart all the system by turning off the power. After bose reboots, speaker gets sound. It "works"!!!. This has happened since the day I bought the bose speaker. I didnt post it on the forum as I was lazy, but it is frustrating now. I did the following to troubleshoot.

1) Whenever no sound comes in the speaker, I see that the bose music app still says "connected to TV".

2) Using the bose remote, I have switched ON/OFF many times.

3) My software on Bose is upto date

4) I connected another HDMI ARC cable and issue remains

5) My TV settings is always saying sound connected via HDMI ARC

6) Frustrated, I did a factory reset of bose speaker and setup everything fresh. Now I have done this 3 or 4 times. Issue persists!!!

The saga continues everyday. I have to power off and start the system to make it all work.

Any help here???

I think you best wait for this fix we're all waiting on, it might be (likely) related to that. If it's not, it will certainly be broken until they fix this. Then we can try again for longer-term solution. 

Highlighted
esatpil
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Today I called Bose UK and after 3 failed calls, to say I am not impressed is an understatement. I was given a lecture about HDMI ERC standards and compatibility with our Smart TV's. Sorry Bose, I dont accept that.

Everyone is complaining about this issue and I think it has to do with poor firmware quality. Your support team is trying to find excuses instead of fixing the issue. I will not accept optical as an option and I hope that owners across the globe can take this up a notch and get this resolved.

Unacceptable.

Bose, please answer us.

Highlighted
afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

and my bar has gone wrong again today after 2.5 months of working fine. I suppose its the app update that did it. So i am sure can someone confirm the latest firmware version for the bar please?