Irish_Viking
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

I'm having the exact same issue as you - same TV as well. Fingers crossed this is fixed ASAP. I'm getting fed up having to unplug the sound bar every time I want to use it again after a few hours

Locker15
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

I am also having the same issue with nothing from the sound bar 700 unless i unplug it and plug it back in. 

My TV is OLED55B8PUA, nothing else is connected

AlfaGTA
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Just in case you think that they cared...

I got this response from customer service in Belgium.

"Thank you for your e-mail. Good to hear you does not experience the issue with the optical cable. We inform you further.

So, in that case you tried 6 different CEC possibilities (on – on, on – alternative, on – off & off – on, off – alternative, off – off (TV and Soundbar)? After the CEC-setting change you also reset the Soundbar, TV and reconnect the HDMI cable (both sides)?

The CEC conflict is not related to Bose, Samsung or any other brand. It is related for the whole system as ´a team´. Especially not the recent update (this was related to Google Assistant).

It is not possible to go back to the previous update because a Soundbar need to be up-to-date. There isn’t a procedure to downgrade the Soundbar. This because we cannot guarantee the working of Google Assistant for example.

To be not dependent on how other brands communicate we provide the Soundbar with an optical connector. If the CEC-conflict occurs, users can connect the Soundbar with optical. Optical and HDMI are both digital cables, so there is no loose of sound quality. With this cable users can enjoy perfect Sound.

We hope we informed you well. If you have any (other) questions, please don´t hesitate to contact us."

Or, in other words, "use the toslink cable, don't bother with CEC or ARC, be happy you have Google Assistant, please do not contact us further about this"

[edited by moderator]

Rediculous response.

Returning the product to the retailer.  Sonos  here I come...

afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

So, Bose are deleting some posts now? My one from earlier has gone anyway.

Bose - if you want to stop any posts on this forum about the problem then how about fixing it? At least then people will get the advertised features and justify the high amount of money they paid for this "premium" soundbar.

afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

After using Bose India support team this morning to do the power reset the bar is still working fine through the HDMI ARC but i am noticing a difference and wanted to check if it's happening to anyone else. I am using an Amazon Firestick with the latest remore which has volume and mute buttons. Before the glitch yesterday caused by the new firmware i was able to turn on the tv using the home button of the Amazon remote. Now i can't do that and have to turn on using the TV remote. Sound comes out of the bar  but i can't  use the volume and mute buttons unless i use the TV button on the Bose remote. I never had to do that before. Please let me know if you have the same issue

Donato2099
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

It’s been months since I last posted. Honestly, I’m not surprised with the amount of unresolved issues here. Just wondering my the bose music app still have 4.6 rating in the app store? The app being part of this system should be reviewed and be given poor feedback from us. As well as all other places where this “premium” system is being sold - review the product and give bad feedback if you encounter this issue. This is one way we could get our message and frustrations across.

wireless200
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

@afcchris wrote:

After using Bose India support team this morning to do the power reset the bar is still working fine through the HDMI ARC [...]

How is a power reset performed?

Robinswe
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Having the same problems after the update in 08/20..

Talked to swedish bose support yesterday they told me they have heard about this error and a new uppdated will accoured during next week.

In the meantime they recommened the optical cable but unfortunately i have broked the optical output in the TV 😞

Hope next update will fix it.

Befort
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

I encourage everyone to take to social media (Twitter, FB, Insta etc) and share with the world the drama that everyone is having with Bose. 

The owners and Directors of Bose will not take action until they see the backlash. 

There red will be a class action which may result in a recall if everyone can just impact Bose like they’ve impacted all of us. Sales must suffer, service costs must rise and profits must be impacted. That’s the only way to guarantee action. 

So so get on social media and cause grief for them. 

Ive been through so much with my SB700 and I’m riddled with anxiety whenever I use it and I am full of regret about buying it. It’s time for Bose to feel the pain.  

Highlighted
GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

I also have an 2018 LG C8 77" and the whole Bose setup (Surrounds and Sub).

The only thing I have connected to my TV is the SB 700 through HDMI ARC.

The system has worked perfectly for the past nine months, but last week there would be no sound after power on.

After a lot of trouble shooting, I finally realized that just unplugging the soundbar solves the problem....until the next day when it loses sound again.

I spent countless hours trying to troubleshoot this, but the one thing I WILL NOT do is a factory reset of my TV.  I had it professionally calibrated and have all my apps, passwords, etc., already configured.  

All in all I love the way the Bose setup sounds, but hell if I will ever buy into their products again.  This is my first and last foray into the world of Bose.  The only reason I got it over the Sonos was because of the integrated Alexa capabilities.  Even those are half-hearted and not fully enabled.  They've gotten better over time, to the point that I am okay with it, but with all other problems (e.g., Remote Backlight, Inability to switch sources through the app, etc.,) I am done with Bose.

Here's to hoping they get this HDMI ARC issue solved quickly!