afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

@wireless200 wrote:

@afcchris wrote:

After using Bose India support team this morning to do the power reset the bar is still working fine through the HDMI ARC [...]

How is a power reset performed?

I had to unplug the tv and sound bar (not just power them off..physically remove the plugs) and also the HDMI lead from both tv and sound bar. Then reconnected the HDMI and the bar and tv. Then they told me to try and play from a Bluetooth source first and if it was ok to press the tv button on the Bose remote and turn on the tv. It all worked fine. I think this reset is what people are having to do daily in some csses 

nischit7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Just posted this forum thread link on Twitter. Let's see if Bose can provide a resolution

Tmf75
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

I tried everything, spent around 4 hrs on Saturday doing everything mentioned in this thread. 

Nothing has has worked so far other than quitting and using optical, and no, obviously sound isn’t the same but still better than TV speakers. 

I will wait, researched a few other products and many others have issues like loosing wireless connection between soundbar and sub or rear speakers so at least with the Bose system I haven’t had that issue. 

Tal81
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

I actually find it quite disgusting there has been no real offical statement and acknowledgement.

Im even surprised the firmware passed testing. Has the moderators passed on this thread to BOSE?

Highlighted
Sr-MIT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

I have same problem with my Sony X850G. Working fine for 3 weeks. Now switches to TV speakers and if try to switch to external audio get a message that external audio is unavailable.

Able to play radio station and music from my iPhone on Soundbar 700. However TV is not working. Help!!

esatpil
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Surprising me too that Bose is not even aknowledging officially that there is an issue or even communications of when this will be fixed. This will be my last purchase of Bose products, premium prices for poor customer/technical support. Have never seen such pathetic communication and updates from other high end audio manufacturers. 

himself
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Yes, spread the word about what’s been happening with the Bose products.

perhaps we can prevent other unsuspecting people from choosing an inferior product for their sound system.

An absolutely appalling state of affairs very poorly handled.

Certainly my first and last Bose piece.

Hogans
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

@nischit7 wrote:

Just posted this forum thread link on Twitter. Let's see if Bose can provide a resolution

Where??? I'm now following Bose and Bose Service. If this thread let's me, I'm attaching a pic they tweeted on April 20, 2017!!!! What the heck...2017!!! Geez.Screenshot_20190903-233320_Twitter.jpg

Longprao
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

SOLUTION: This is how I finally solved it permanently:

1. Plug in Optical cable, but you do NOT need to use Optical output from TV.
  2. In Bose Music app use Optical Auto-Wake: ON. Every other settings can be default.
  3. Enjoy HDMI ARC output, now whenever there is sound from TV, the soundbar auto wakes up and sync sound.
  4. Some rare time when it randomly does not work, change TV output to Optical or Internal speaker then change back to HDMI ARC.

It requires one more cable which is a bit annoying but now I'm able to have a reliable ARC connection with great sound. I'm using LG C8 OLED.

SteveMo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I noticed that yesterday. Plugged in my optical cable, turned on the CEC so I could at least use the Soundbar and it was using HDMI ARC anyway.