Highlighted
Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Hi afcchris,

you can force a firmware update by resetting the Soundbar 700 to factory default and running through the setup again. Greetings from Holland 

Mangbeloy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

The real test is when you turn off your tv or its on standby mode. Thats when the problem accurs hdmi arc having trouble restablish the connection from tv to sb700. 

On the last uldate mine work all day but in the next morning hello!!! Cant connect to external speaker. Hopefully this is it i only have 2 days to return my sb700

Irish_Viking
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

You can't just unplug the soundbar for 30 seconds?  I thought that would reset it?

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@Jayhawk wrote:

LG B6

5.0.14 Firmware

HDMI/ARC works without optical cable connection...so far.

Thank you, Bose.

Optical cable is NOT a solution.

Mangbeloy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

@Irish_Viking  I believed unplugging the sb700 will only reset the hdmi arc connection. 

Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Hi afcchris,

you can force a firmware update by resetting the Soundbar 700 to factory default and running through the setup again. Greetings from Holland 

On the remote, touch and hold the Power button and the Skip Forward button 

for five seconds

The soundbar will reboot. When the reset is complete, the light bar will glow solid amber.

Open the Bose Music app on your mobile device, add the soundbar to your Bose Music account and reconnect it to your network

BGeo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Still does not work. On firmware 5.0.14 on Sony x900f TV using arc. 

Turned on TV and the TV switched to TV audio, then to the Bose automatically, and no sound came out. Had to pull the plug like usual only this time audio still doesn’t come out. 

Pulled out everything, redid everything and it still does not work. Put optical cable with arc and it still does not work...

How do I get a refund? I am out of my refund window...

BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

That firmware update was not intended to fix the ARC issue  according to Bose on here. That problem is still being investigated

GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

@BrianJP wrote:

That firmware update was not intended to fix the ARC issue  according to Bose on here. That problem is still being investigated

My SB 700 would lose it's sound (HDMI ARC) every single day before this recent Firmware update.  I am now going on almost 48 hours with multiple power on / off cycles, and the sound is working normally.

I haven't changed anything, so I can only attribute it to the Firmware update.

I am not disputing what you are saying (as it is clearly consistent with the Firmware notes), but clearly something has solved the issue...at least for me.

mechs85
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

I have the same issue with my Sony x9000f. 

I am on 5.0.14 and cannot control anything with the Bose remote. Being patient for now, but this is the 3rd major messup with this soundbar