Redman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

I have LG C8. Did have the same issue as all of us here.

The latest 5.0.14 has been working for me for 2-3 days now since the firmware updated. 

tocorobo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

I have the LG E8 and also had the no sound over hdmi arc but have not had the issue since firmware v5.0.14 on the soundbar 700.
———————
@Redman wrote:

I have LG C8. Did have the same issue as all of us here.

The latest 5.0.14 has been working for me for 2-3 days now since the firmware updated. 

eggmancs
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Was having the same problem with LG E6 but seems to have fixed it with new firmware.

MadX66
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Same here in The Netherlands with my LG LM860V, the new firmware has fixed the CEC Arc issue. Has since started the TV with sound from the bar flawlessly. Great!

Highlighted
SyXbiT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

I can guarantee the firmware didn't fix the issue.

The problem is that it is intermittent. A reboot of the soundbar fixes things for a few days, until it breaks again. The firmware update simply triggered a reboot, making people think it fixed it.

Bose themselves actually say in the firmware changelog:

"Please note that we are currently investigating complaints about lack of HDMI audio through the system."

Honestly, for a device that just has a single purpose (play sound) this is a disgrace. Every time I call support, or post here, I'm told to reboot or factory reset the soundbar. Great plan Bose.

I wish I could get a refund.

Mudman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

I have a Bose Soundbar 700 connected to a LG C9. It has never been able to turn the TV on via ARC. Turns it off perfectly, just not on. Had lots of issues recently (as have most people) with no ARC audio. Netflix on the TV will fall in a heap if eARC is enabled via the TV settings - but sound works with all other programs. Any suggestions re setup to get the TV to turn on with the soundbar and not just turning off? I understand the HDMI audio issue is being looked at (and mine is much improved since the firmware update - but is still very hit and miss). Must admit, its the first Bose product I wish I hadnt purchased as there has been connection issues since the start (wont find wireless sub/speakers - or even at times the sound bar via the Bose app).

FOdeks
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Has Bose resolved the HDMI ARC issue? Any update?

Mangbeloy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Its been days since the last firmware update and so far its working for me i have tried installing it into sony ans samsung tv and its been working with ni issues.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@FOdeks wrote:

No it’s not fixed. Although some people have seen some improvements it seems despite Bose official statement that the last firmware update was just a minor update to fix issues with the remote.

HDMI/ARC still not working for me (LG OLED C7). I have a case opened with the support which has been escalated to the UK escalation team (I am in Australia).

GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

@ThierryB wrote:

@FOdeks wrote:

No it’s not fixed. Although some people have seen some improvements it seems despite Bose official statement that the last firmware update was just a minor update to fix issues with the remote.

HDMI/ARC still not working for me (LG OLED C7). I have a case opened with the support which has been escalated to the UK escalation team (I am in Australia).

This is really odd.  I have an LG C8 and the firmware definitely solved my HDMI ARC issue.

I know you might not want to, but it might be worth the effort to do a complete fresh installtion and setup up.  Like, delete everything, factory reset the Soundbar, delete the app from your phone, everything.  Start from scratch, including letting the Soundbar update the firmware before you do anything (like custom settings, etc.).  

I really think they solved the HDMI ARC issue, and it's likely that something else on your end is the culprit.  I'm not pointing a finger at you, just suggesting that the solution might lie on your end.  Again, I know starting from scratch is a royal pain in the rear, but it could solve your issue.

Good luck either way.  It's a great system (when it works) and I hope you get it resolved.