Highlighted
flickwizard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

@Tal81 wrote:

When people say they got it working; what exactly did you get working? There may be a misunderstanding in this thread.

My BOSE soundbar will turn on and control volume with hdmi input but only with the BOSE remote.

However, it will not turn on when turn on when I turn on my AppleTV4K via AppleTV4K remote. This remote turns on my LG C9 automatically but doesn’t not turn on the BOSE soundbar. It also no longer controls volume. Before the update this was all working together without an issue.

Clarificarion please to posters.

Sorry. For me, I have the Soundbar 700 and the Bass Module 700. When I say working, what I mean is that I have the soundbar connected to the TV via HDMI eARC. The remote controls the TV (power on/off and all buttons) and the audio comes through both the soundbar and the subwoofer. Admittedly, I have not tried Alexa yet. I ran AdaptiQ and also use the music app to adjust audio settings and volume.

With regards to the remote, assuming power sync is turned on, manually turn off both the soundbar and the TV. Then disconnect the remote via the app, take out the batteries for 30 seconds, and then re-pair it by manually typing in your TV’s model #. Try using the remote then. (Sorry if this is obvious, but I had to do this to get mine working)

mechs85
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

Even resetting the soundbar & the remote doesn't

My audio plays through the soundbar, but did not control the TV. I removed the controller from the app and tried to readd it, but the soundbar does not recognise the remote. Been trying to re-pair it for the past 15 mins, no joy

The issue with the ARC control seems to be the remote.

Highlighted
Mudman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

I think you may be onto something re the remote and its firmware being the issue.

If I use the Bose Music app, PowerSync works perfectly to turn the TV on and off. BUT if I use the Bose Universal remote, it will not turn the TV on with a single button push (the TV button) but will turn off with a single button press - for the record, I have put in my TV model number etc.

I removed my remote and could not re-add it until I found this: "On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list" Now I can re-pair the remote, but have the issue that PowerSync doesnt work with the Universal Remote.

Otherwise, sound via HDMI issues are resolved, but PowerSync via the Bose Universal Remote isn't.

Highlighted
mechs85
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

Yes you’re right. I pressed those 2 buttons and joining the remote to the sound bar worked

It doesn’t control my TV menu/Netflix, but it can at least turn it on and off and control the volume

Still no word at all from Bose this weekend regarding this issue. Really, really, really poor form. 

The sooner I sell this the better. 

Highlighted
Tal81
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Do we have an ETA on the new firmware?

Its been 2 weeks already. I understand there needs to be testing, however, on that same note since BOSE has a perfectly functioning firmware prior to the last two, it should be relatively straightforward to compare what has changed from an ARC POV.

On a side note, I was going to buy your new BOSE 700 headphones, but after the pathetic showing here in regards to communication, Ive decided against it. This sound bar is the last BOSE product ill buy. 

Highlighted
mechs85
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

I have those headphones and they stay on my head the majority of the day but they aren’t without their faults

still the best noise cancelling headphones though. Similar to this soundbar. Amazing sound but some glaring issues

Please, please Bose, please have more QA testing before you push out automatic updates. 

Highlighted
Chad
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2015

Is there any update on this yet? I was forced to buy the Soundbar 700 for my in-laws as the SoundTouch compatible version was discontinued (especially frustrating as the rest of the speakers in their house are SoundTouch ones), and 3 times now I’ve been over to find the soundbar not working again. I follow the steps listed in this forum and it starts working.

EXTREMELY frustrating as I recommended this product and they spent nearly $2000 on it.

BOSE, please address this ASAP. There’s 457 comments now on this thread. It’s clearly an identified problem. Also, some sort of email notification that the firmware update is available would be appreciated.

Highlighted
chigos85
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

SOUNDBAR 700 and TV SAMSUNG

good morning to all, I am writing from Italy, excuse me for the translation, I have a problem, I have the soundbar 700 connected via hdmi arc on a SAMSUNG TV, I often lose the audio from the TV, to return the audio I have to unplug the TV power supply, what can it depend on? from TV or soundbar? thank you so much...

Highlighted
Damiensu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Bose soundbar 700

Hi, 

I feel like taking a hammer and smashing this piece of **bleep**. Since we got it, we’ve had problems every other day. I have a samsung qled series 8.

The soundbar and TV keeps losing hdmi connection. Remote will control everything but the sound. 

Please help or or I am gonna just smash this **bleep** to pieces

Highlighted
Skyrider
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Re: SOUNDBAR 700 and TV SAMSUNG

Same problem here... Using An Philips TV.