I went back to the India support team when my bar failed again on the HDMI ARC. This time they advised me straight away to go to Bose Support place in my city. I did that and when they said i could pick it up they told me that it didn't connect to their test TV via HDMI so they factory reset and cleaned the HDMI port and it worked. I got it home and it didn't work at all.
I am writing to the local support team to demand a refund as it seems that even if the support centre cant fix it then i don't have any more options left except wait for the next firmware update which we don't know will fix anything
Jun 1, 2019
Let me leave a few bullet points since my last post was written in complete frustration -
* One should not have to "Connect to the Internet" to setup an $800.00 Soundbar! (Not everyone has Internet)
* There needs to be buttons ON THE SOUNDBAR to completely control it. (Don't force operation & setup to be done with a remote. Remotes break, get lost, stop working!)
* If you're going to force operation with a remote, PUT LABELS ON THE REMOTE. (Having to rely on it to illuminate, especially for only a few seconds, IS DUMB!)
* FIX THE WI-FI DISCONNECTING ISSUE!!!
* FIX THE MIC MUTING ON ITS OWN ISSUE! I feel stupid saying "Alexa, Alexa, Alexa" over and over only to find out the mic is muted.
* FIX THE HDMI ARC DISCONNECTING ISSUE!!!!!
I have almost $2,000.00 invested in this Bose System and I wish to God I could get my money back!!! (There I go getting frustrated again)
Jun 24, 2019
Im upping this thread because
- out of principle I dont want this thread to slide down and out of immediate public view (as much as BOSE wishes it to be the case)
- give a big RED LIGHT to potential buyers of these products and to AVOID at all costs.
- continue demonstrating how pathetic BOSE's PR is with their customers on this forum and thread
- continue pressure to get a fix 1 month after the last update
Oct 25, 2018
As with the post above, this is very eye-opening behaviour from Bose
We haven’t had any update from them in this thread or generally. If this is how you treat your customers then I’ll never need to buy a Bose product again nor will I recommend them to anyone I know
I’m in the U.K. so I’ll attempt to get technical support to recognise the issue otherwise think of who I can make an official complaint to.
[ Edited by moderator ]
Sep 9, 2019
The lack of communication from Bose is just pathetic. I'm sure the CSR here are doing their best, but a firmware rollback should've been offered as soon as it became clear that this issue wasn't going to be fixed by 5.0.14 or the next few days that followed.
Bose – your hardware sounds great, but it seems that the software department supporting it is just not up to the task.
I asked for an update for all the issues I had reported... ARC, sound drop out, missing channels, missing sound, CEC not working...
Bose support answered that they have no update, and don't know when these will fixed, and offered a full redund of the soundbar an accessories...
They basically have no clue on how to fix all these issues...
It says it all about what to expect next... basically nothing.
Yes. I bought the soundbar at the end of June... I had only issues since I bought it.
It was kind of working, at the beginning but the firmware 5.0.12 broke everything.
It is a shame... the sound is good otherwise. I have started to look at alternative... leaning towards HEOS.. For anyone reading this thread:
**** DO NOT BUY THIS BUGGY SOUND SYSTEM ****
**** THE SUPPORT IS INEXISTANT ****
Wow Thierry. That’s interesting...offered a refund for the bar AND the accessories?? For me a bad thing about this was that even if they refunded me I would still be stuck with the bar and having to sell on the 2nd hand market. I would want to sell it as I wouldn’t buy another Bose soundbar (or maybe product!). Now this might be a game changer. Your local support team told you that?
Yes it was passed to the escalation team. They legally have to take it back if they cannot fix it...
I have done every possible attempt to contact them in forum, email and even talked to the second level support in the UK on the phone.
The result was: NOTHING.