Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

I have lost sound a few times, but I was able to fix it by just shutting the tv off and then turning it back on (Sony x900f) with CEC on, Power Sync TV on, and optical auto wake on. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Has anyone found a resolution? I have a Sony X950g television. Appears to be having all the same issues noted in the 50 pages.....

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Add 1 more customer to the list of people with the issue.  Have the Soundbar connected to the Vizio via HDMI and it seems to work for a while.  Once you pause for more than 30 seconds, the audio is gone.  It's really frustrating.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Hi Everyone!

I'm updating my comment to thank you all for the comments and commiseration.   My husband "fixed" things a bit by going the optical route and now I am in the same remote control hell that promoted the purchase of the soundbar in the first place!  LOL, life is good....

I will continue to share my journey as I go along in case my pain may help someone else.

At the moment I am investigating crippling the hdmi pin 13 with an hdmi arc less adapter, or just tearing the **bleep** thing out.  This has been a proposed solution in many places with many similar problems.

I also wanted to share this article which does a wonderful job of explaining these ARC issues and why it really isn't any one company's fault but rather a symptom of bigger standards and technology issues:

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1534479331

Cheers!

Older Post:

We have a Samsung Model number UN65H6300AF Type Number UN65H6300 with software version T-MST14AKUC-2210.2.

OUR SOUND NEVER WORKS!!!  PLEASE HELP, my husband is loosing his sh*t.   We unplug, reset everything and finally get sound only to have to do it all over again the next night.  With only an hour to relax each day, this is a real drag.  Why isn't this fixed yet?  Can it be fixed?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

I have HDMI and Optical both plugged in at the same time and it's been working fine for over a month. I'm not sure which output the audio really goes over, but at least I am able to use my TV remove to control the volume, which I was not able to do with Optical only.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks!  We will give that a try too!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

I am having the same issue. Soundbar 700 worked for couple of months and it just stopped working with my samsung tv. I tried every possible thing, but no success. Frustration is really going through the roof right now. 

HDmi-arc and optical both does not work. What should i do? 

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@bkc1980 wrote:

I am having the same issue. Soundbar 700 worked for couple of months and it just stopped working with my samsung tv. I tried every possible thing, but no success. Frustration is really going through the roof right now. 

HDmi-arc and optical both does not work. What should i do? 

Check your update status on both devices. You may have to install your Samsung update manually. There are instructions on the Samsung site, it is pretty easy. Unfortunately you may have to factory reset your Samsung TV as well. I had to do that for Apple TV (v2) it’s a pain but it works!

In short: Factory reset both devices

Run updates.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

I already tried factory resetting the samsung tv, but it did not work.

i am not able to factory reset my bose700 because the phone is not able to find it in the app, which is preventing me from pairing the useless bose universal remote...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

What a mess. BOSE need to do the right thing for people here. I am going to report them to the local consumer rights people where I live