Highlighted
gtotheo4
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

There is nothing you can do besides disconnecting the power cables. 2 YEARS LATER AND NOTHING HAS WORKED. Bose had continue to ignore this issue. if you're are researching a Soundbar 300 or 500 or 700, DO NOT BUY!!!

Fluff
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Hi guys, I feel really sorry for those who are STILL! Having issues. I had the same as everyone else on this forum. I have an LG 

75SM8600PTA & I don’t know what happened either an update from Bose or LG. But it’s been working perfectly for a few months now. So I really hope there will be a fix for EVERYONE soon. 

Highlighted
adi704
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

I agree, I spoke to 2 Bose representatives.. Both suggested to use Optic connection as long term fix.

One of them suggested to select alternate in the advanced CEC on Bose Mobile app. I followed his instructions, so far seems to be working. He mentioned it might not work long term and advised to move to Optic.

Highlighted
stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Good to see Bose recommending going back to optical and stepping back in technical developments away from HDMI to solve their incompetence. 

I’ve been emailing the support teams every few weeks to TRY open formal complaints and all they do is ignore me with limited to no responses!!

Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Luna Y  Wrote:

>one more thing to say,
if the real issue is about CEC ARC problem it might or might not be solved with and firm ware update forever.
because ARC technology is still not perfect out there yet due to those major TV manufactures using their own different CEC programs.
Samsung using Anynet+, LG using Simple Link, Sharp using Aquos Link, Sony using Bravia Sync, etc.

I have a Cinemate 130 and a Samsung 8000 series tv. Before that a Yamaha AVR $$$ AV receiver and Plasma TV. I stayed away from ARC/CEC with the latter setup as I had a troublesome first encounter and was happy to stick with optical. I only recently took the plunge into ARC/CEC in search of 4K solutions and squeezing every bit of audio bandwith and longevity out of my aging system. Lo and behold success!

The results include lots of av device managment convenience and even better sound using HDMI. I believe the cable I am using is a Bose supplied HDMI 1.4 cable. I only use the ARC connected 1.4 cable for audio letting my 2.0 cables do the rest including video. 1.4 is sufficient however as Cinemate doesn’t pass through 4K or have e-Arc. 

Initially I found it took a little fiddling and trial and error but arrived at success soon enough. I even figured out how to separate the connected devices so my wife didn’t have to bother with the Bose audio gear. All that took was to remember to shut off the Cinemate 130 before shutting down the TV so it could be left in a state where the TV could be turned on using the cable remote without activating the Cinemate system. It really boiled down to some trial and error and perseverance.

I was left wondering if a lot of people’s problems were, in addition to multiple tv manufactures implementation of the ARC/CEC standards:

1. AV gear configuration strategies

2. Types of cables

3. The 700 speakers have some sort of hardware / firmware defect.

Highlighted
Spiroark
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

After reading all the posts I was unable to resolve this issue. Over time I noticed that the television was not even recognising my cable service (Foxtel). It was only then that I decided to reset my television back to factory settings and this resolve the issue.……… For now.I’ve also turned off automatic updates for the television and hope that that will fix it- I will post again if this doesn’t work. 

Highlighted
mckrider
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Same issue. Mine worked fine on my LG B7 until a July firmware update screwed it all up. I can get it to recognize my TV after following every step, but as soon as I switch sources and try to switch back it no longer recognizes. Good lord fix this.

Highlighted
Adeballer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

I had this same issue with the Bose 300. After I got fed up, I returned it  (Because I had extended warranty/insurance on it)

Now the same problem has started with the Bose 700. These are premium gadgets and should not be having such problems having spent 2000 dollars on the Bar and Bass.

If there is a firmware update, I will be happy to explore that option, otherwise, guess who will be returning the Unit to bestbuy? The challenge is that I have to do a setup up all over again.

Highlighted
gtotheo4
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

@Adeballer RETURN IT WHILE YOU CAN. There is no solution. Go get a Sonos, with clearly superior technology.

Highlighted
Adeballer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Hi Tony, 

I have done this and it is still not working.