CSM
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Hi there,

We are experiencing the same type of issues with our Samsung TV (Model MU6290). The soundbar 700 was working fine. Then suddenly, the TV doesn't recognize the soundbar anymore. It keeps switching between TV Speaker output and Soundbar output. We resetted the soundbar to factory setting and still doesn't work.  The soundbar does recognize phones and Alexa via bluetooth.

Hope there is a solution for this. 

Thanks.

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

HI CSM

Thanks for writing in!

Were you able to try the steps from my previous post?  Let's see if going through in this particular order helps with the no audio issue.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Tjay
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

I am having the same issue and this solution did not help. Samsung’s tv. It was perfect for a week and now no sound out of my TV. Very big disappointment
Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Tjay

Thanks for trying those steps!  Could you please provide us the model number of the TV?

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Tjay
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

Samsung 8500. 65in
Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Tjay 

Thanks for the update, but could you provide the exact model number of the TV?  It should start with 2 letters normally with Samsung TVs and we're trying to track down incompatibilities between specific models.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

1400reeds
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2018

If it helps, after a month of frustration and trying all the suggestions to no avail and considering returning the Bose 700, we had switched the Samsung TV audio back to the TV Sound instead of HDMI Arc Sound.  We were listening to sound from the TV speakers (also too much audio cutting out with Bose (another issue)).  My husband decided to try reconnecting the HDMI cable again with the TV in the TV Speaker audio setting and, guess what, the HDMI cable worked again!!!!  Very puzzling but glad it works...hopefully the fix is permanent.

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi 1400reeds

Thanks for the update!

Do you happen to know if the TV may have received an update during the time when it was disconnected?

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

cam130nav
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Tony A,

I've got the same issue all above me have stated.  I've tried all the step in your previous post and am still unable to hear audio via HDMI/ARC.  My TV is a Sony XBR-75X850E.  Please advise.

Cam

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi cam130nav

Thanks for you testing this and I have passed the model number along to our development team.  Since you are still experiencing this issue, I'd recommend connecting the optical cable in the mean time.

Could you also let us know what devices you have connected to the TV?  We've seen in some cases, certain devices can cause strange behaviors with CEC and ARC functionality.

Warm Regards,

Tony A