ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

@GorFex wrote:

@ThierryB wrote:

@FOdeks wrote:

Has Bose resolved the HDMI ARC issue? Any update?

No it’s not fixed. Although some people have seen some improvements it seems despite Bose official statement that the last firmware update was just a minor update to fix issues with the remote.

HDMI/ARC still not working for me (LG OLED C7). I have a case opened with the support which has been escalated to the UK escalation team (I am in Australia).

This is really odd.  I have an LG C8 and the firmware definitely solved my HDMI ARC issue.

I know you might not want to, but it might be worth the effort to do a complete fresh installtion and setup up.  Like, delete everything, factory reset the Soundbar, delete the app from your phone, everything.  Start from scratch, including letting the Soundbar update the firmware before you do anything (like custom settings, etc.).  

I really think they solved the HDMI ARC issue, and it's likely that something else on your end is the culprit.  I'm not pointing a finger at you, just suggesting that the solution might lie on your end.  Again, I know starting from scratch is a royal pain in the rear, but it could solve your issue.

Good luck either way.  It's a great system (when it works) and I hope you get it resolved.

I have gone through factory reset already and every possible variation of setup and it is not working. HDMI was working perfectly fine before the update to 5.0.12 (putting aside the sound dropout which happen with both HDMI and optical cable)

So I am positive that there is still an issue with this firmware that was not happening before. The sound works for some time but when you power off the TV the hdmi handshake is lost and you have to unplug  everything or reset the TV audio output to get it to work again with the soundbar.

Highlighted
wireless200
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

My LG C8 ARC is working for the past several days without also keeping optical

cable connected.  Certainly it wasn’t working at all before after working for a year. Whatever the new firmware update .14 did it seemed to fix mine. Time will tell. Good luck all. 

Highlighted
flickwizard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Mine worked, then didn't, ran through the whole unplug everything and power down routine, and then ultimately got it to work. It's been a couple of days and it still works for me. But it's a shame that it's not for others. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

I do agree that it's lkely a firmware issue and that while the most recent update may have helped some, others are still affected.

Having said that, my undersanding is that Bose is actively looking into and working on the issue. 

I hope it gets resolved soon - the system is fantastic when working.

Highlighted
Longprao
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Definitely working for my LG C8 OLED. Since the update, no matter what I did (like turning the TV on first before soundbar...), it has always been working perfectly, no optical cable needed. So at least for me it seems to work permanently so far, no issues.

Highlighted
Tal81
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

When people say they got it working; what exactly did you get working? There may be a misunderstanding in this thread.

My BOSE soundbar will turn on and control volume with hdmi input but only with the BOSE remote.

However, it will not turn on when turn on when I turn on my AppleTV4K via AppleTV4K remote. This remote turns on my LG C9 automatically but doesn’t not turn on the BOSE soundbar. It also no longer controls volume. Before the update this was all working together without an issue.

Clarificarion please to posters.

Highlighted
Mudman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

My Bose remote does not automatically turn on the LG C9 when turning on the soundbar - I need to turn the soundbar on and then turn the TV on manually. Turning the system off with the Bose remote turns both the soundbar and the TV off though. Asking Alexa to turn on/off the TV works fine.  If I turn my TV on however using the LG remote, the soundbar powers on automatically.

Any advice on getting the TV to turn on with the bose remote with one button press would be appreciated (although its not the end of the world if that's what others have to do anyway).

HDMI audio seems to be working now witht the updated firmware which is a massive bonus.

Bose sound quality never in question (love the sound it produces), but the issues of having to use an App with connectivity problems plus the ongoing firmware issues is a tad dissapointing.

Highlighted

Hi Mudman, 

Thank you for taking the time to post! 

I would recommend Power Sync to get your TV to power on at the same time.

Go the application, go to settings and power sync. You can then select the devices you want to turn on at the same time. 

Let me know if you have any other issues! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Tal81
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Mudman, 

Go the application, go to settings and power sync. You can then select the devices you want to turn on at the same time. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Except its on and it doesn't. Your firmware is utterly broken.

Highlighted
ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Tal81 wrote:

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Mudman, 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Except its on and it doesn't. Your firmware is utterly broken.

When you did the TV setup in the Bose Music app, did you run through the steps with power off the TV etc ?

If so try to rerun the TV setup with the advanced option and enter Manufacturer / TV model directly.

My LG C7 doesn't work at all through CEC or IR with the soundbar. The only way I could get it to work was :

1. Setup the TV in the Bose Music APP with extact model number

2. Connect an IR cable in the back of the soundbar and put the transmitter right in the front on the TV sensor.

That did the trick, but is still a workaround, and you have to have an extra cable in the back the the soundbar.

Like this the bose remote controls everything, and you can power on/off everything with the Bose remote.

To sumarize for me there are several issues for my config (LG OLED C7):

- Remote control

-> CEC doesn't work (the soundbar can't control the TV)

-> IR on the soundbar doesn't work (I have to add an additional transmitter in the back)

-> HDMI/ARC doesn't work (since firmware 5.0.12) -> this was OK with 4.1.1

-> There are sound drop outs when listening to dobly digital sound (both HDMI and Optical cable).

Ask for Bose support in the local country to send you a free IR transmitter and give it a go, if the Bose Music APP setup with the specific TV model doesn't work.

Also a recommend you open your own ticket with the local support in your country so they look at it. You won't get any solution from Bose on this forum, they will just ask you to do the obvious we all have tried.

But indeed their firmware software is a mess...

Highlighted
Mudman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

Thanks all for the assistance.

I have Power Sync on and have (attempted) to use the Advanced setup with the TV.

Will send a support request to Bose Australia.