Luna Y
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

@ThierryB  so, have you tried 2.1 cable?
I have gone through all the 52 pages too.
My statistics showing me total 150 total page views, 618 messages read, 1462 Minutes spend in the bose community
to just solve this ARC problem just like you and others.

finish reading 52 pages I have not seen anyone mention about 2.1 cable, so I might think this is something new to many others.
I saw many other people trying with different cables probably 2.0 cable but not with 2.1 cable.
There is so many of them spend a lot of money on this system and having frustration with this problem in hopeless.
so, why don't they try out something new to solve the problem?
why don't you give it a try and let them know?

one more thing to say,
if the real issue is about CEC ARC problem it might or might not be solved with and firm ware update forever.
because ARC technology is still not perfect out there yet due to those major TV manufactures using their own different CEC programs.
Samsung using Anynet+, LG using Simple Link, Sharp using Aquos Link, Sony using Bravia Sync, etc.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Luna Y yes I have  tried  !  Including the cable provided by Bose in the box.

As I said it was working perfectly fine up to firmware 4.1.1 !!!!!

So I can tell you the issue lies in the firmware update from Bose !!! It stopped working correctly after their update !!!!!!!!!!!!

These cables are working perfectly fine with all other devices. And they were working fine before Bose software update !!!

SO THIS IS A BOSE FIRMWARE ISSUE !

Luna Y
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

@ThierryB 

Did you really tried with 2.1 verson cable recently?

bose cable will never work. (HDMI 2.0)

and for me it didn't even work when it was firmware v.4
not just stop working after update to firmware v.5 like your case.

Samsung and LG soundbars all has same CEC ARC issues and as well as Bose.
Do you think Samsung, LG, Bose engineers are really that bad?
Like I said above CEC tech. is not perfect yet to be compatible each other.

I  tried 6 different HDMI 2.0 cable and none of them worked but I tried 1 HDMI 2.1 cable worked at first try.
since the soundbar has eARC it just meant to be work with HDMI 2.1 cable.

maybe it could be changed after F/W update.

oh I was too excited, almost forgot to mention
there is couple of friends of mine reporting it definitely works.
how's that sound?

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Luna Y good for you if it works.

It doesn't for some us. Read what I said before, I already answered your questions.

If you used the wrong cable before good for you. I have tried lots of different cables, including high end 2.0 and 2.1. It doesn't matter since firmware update 5.0.12 none of them work.

BTW it was working perfectly fine at the beginning even with a 2.0 cable. My TV doesn't even have eARC, it only has ARC, so your comments are not relevant.

Stop insisting on something you have no clue about. I have told you this worked perfectly fine before which makes it even more frustrating for us (I am not the only one)

gtotheo4
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

I recently went out and bought a 2.1 cable just in case that was the solution and guess what?! It did not work!!!! 3 days later I'm back to listening to my TV speakers instead of this $1700 paper weight!!! 

Bose has lost a step. Again BOSE is aware of the problem and for the past 2 or 3 years and not just the 700 but the 300 as well. They continue to do nothing but offer the "optical" solution. 52 pages of responds and complaints and they still think were ignorant enough to believe it's not on Bose firmware issue. 

BUYERS BEWARE DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

Dsdhawan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Is there a solution for this?

I just installed my LG OLED65C9PUA with Bose soundbar 500. The HDMI ARC functionality is very choppy. It works with youtube but not with Netflix, Google movies.

the funny part is that it works when i play trailer ......but stops when i play the downloaded movie on google play

is there any advise on how to fix this?

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Dsdhawan wrote:

Is there a solution for this?

I just installed my LG OLED65C9PUA with Bose soundbar 500. The HDMI ARC functionality is very choppy. It works with youtube but not with Netflix, Google movies.

the funny part is that it works when i play trailer ......but stops when i play the downloaded movie on google play

is there any advise on how to fix this?

Reboot your modem / router

Sign out of your Bose account then sign back in.

brandon1231
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 4, 2019

The Bose 700 and 500 when through a firmware update, we all know that. But if You own an LG C9, a firmware update coming from LG will fix that problem. It happened to me, after having my tv for almost a month, with no sound en eARC coming from Netflix and other apps. But it got corrected on its own after the tv update. The same is happening to Samsung tv as well. The problem is with the eARC update on most tv's with that feature.

adi704
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

I purchased both Bose 700 and Bass Module. I was able to successfully configure the soundbar with my my Samsung TV  (UN60JU6390FXZA),worked great the first day. It stopped working the second day. I tried the re-set steps mentioned, It worked after the steps. Again stopped working on day 3. followed the reset steps, it worked. Again stopped working the next day. Looks like I have to follow the reset steps when ever I restart my TV. This frustrating.. Any help in fixing the issue would be highly appreciated.

I connect Apple TV and Chromecast to my other HDMI ports on the TV.

vishnbhatt
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

I can understand the pain. trust me Bose says to follow the steps to resolve the issue only for a/few days. it breaks after sometimes. As I mentioned this is my third replacement and still not working.

Bose need to take this seriously and provide some permanent fix.

Or we should stop buying Bose.

It sucks BOSE