Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

This is fantastic. Set up the soundbar 700, put together the stands for the surround speakers, installed the bass module 700, connected it all and set it up. Then went through 55 pages of people having problems with all kinds of TVs, and Bose posting non-replies that are not helpful at all.

I'm on the latest firmware on both the soundbar as well as my TV (Sony KD-55XF9005), followed all advice on the 50 pages here, even Boses youtube video on solving ARC issues (disconnect cables and hope for the best).

All to no avail. No sound. This is my first and last Bose product.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Try selecting the corresponding icon on the Bose remote in which you set up to control the source ie cable/satellite. I found I had to select this especially if using a different remote to turn on the tv. I had a lot of the same issues from no sound to no base from subwoofer. A year later for me I’m pleased. In the beginning not so much. Glad I didn’t return but was tempted. 

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Tooltime wrote:

Try selecting the corresponding icon on the Bose remote in which you set up to control the source ie cable/satellite. I found I had to select this especially if using a different remote to turn on the tv. I had a lot of the same issues from no sound to no base from subwoofer. A year later for me I’m pleased. In the beginning not so much. Glad I didn’t return but was tempted. 

I have posted a few times on this. My setup, while older, still uses HDMI, ARC and CEC to tie my devices together. The only problems I encountered early on, arose from the state I left the devices in. What you are describing sounds very familiar.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Hi I’m also having issues with the HDMI arc. Worked fine then one day stopped. Went through the steps and no luck. Tv model is Samsung UN40D6300. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

I have just got my 5th replacement of soundbar 700. 

you do the same. make sure you do not go over 1 year or warranty or or if you want to get 100% replacement then go before 3 months of purchase. 

I found something else as well, make sure nothing else is connected to other HDMI, it seems mine started working after I unplugged my Chromecast and other live tv device. 

Worth trying

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

I keep having to do the cec reset with turning the powers on and off this is starting to get real tedious. On a jvc LT-49C770(a) is there a fix to this??