Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 - HDMI ARC will not work

Hey there @Bennie3 

I stumbled over your message, after having the exact same problem. How did you manage to "reconnect" the soundbar to the TV?

Could you give me a few short instructions on this? To set this up via Alexa/Google Home, did you use IFTTT?

Cheers,

Aspirin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 - HDMI ARC will not work

Hello,

Nothing so far from Bose works to fix this issue.

The Bose sycophants/acolytes/fanboy/girls on this forum have a lot of 12 step procedures to temporarily fix this but none of them admit there is actually a problem-it's always something besides the Bose appliance that's at fault.

No workaround should be necessary.

My Sony HDMI receiver I've used for a couple of years never.had.this.problem with the same TV.

Bose obviously isn't a HDMI/TV provider so they're having problems figuring out how to make it work.

They have no expertise in this area so therefore the HDMI problem.

I've given up and placed an on/off switch in line with my TV. 

If i turn off the TV power completely and turn it back on it sees the Bose.

The reason I don't turn off/on the Bose is when I do, the subwoofer driver bottoms out "BOOOM" "CLACK". I can hear the sub voice coil hitting the magnet! Bose doesn't handle on/off transients on power cycle very well, another design flaw.

As you can tell I'm still very much upset with my expensive purchase not working as well as my cheap little Sony receiver did.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Hi All,

I had the same issue, I did reset Tv and soundbar 700 but it didn't work out, finally I changed the HDMI cable, it solved the issue.

It seems Bose HDMI cable is not a quality one.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

same problem of my bose 700..they work only i think only 3weeks and then no more sounds of the hdmi arc..i follow all the Instruction how to reset but still not working..hopefully they can help..thank you..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2020

Ik heb nu sins een dag de Bose 700 set maar wat een drama met het HDMI arc verhaal het werkt echt voor geen meter. Ook niet als je cec uit zet dan heb ik ook geen geluid. Ik ga de boel terug sturen en Sonos bestellen. Erg jammer van bose. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

My tv used to play audio thru the sound bar 700. It no longer works. I went thru all the motions described by you. I have a Sony kdl 60EX700

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2020

i recently bought the sounbar 700.  The sound bar does not play sound through ARC. i tried all the solution provided on your website but there is no progress. 

i have samsung un55ku6290fxzc tv.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Thank you so much, I just switched the HDMI cable and it seems to work fine without habing to also plug in the optical cable anymore! Thanks! 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Hi, my soundbar 500 is having the same problem. The hdmi only works for 1 day.  I'm using a Mi TV.