PiotrW
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Same here, I have Sony KD 65af8 and I recently bought Soundbar 700. I'm not able to force it to work on HDMI. I've exchanged cables, reset all devices as it was described in this post many times. It only works on optical. As I really like the design and quality of exterior, I'm really keen to return this under 90 days. Will try support call, however not expecting any revel. 

Piotr

Hogans
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

In the past two years we have had to reset our 700 far too many times then need be especially for the price of this paper weight. Bose doesn't want to do anything about it because if they did they would have It's a known issue They need to fix it. I wish we went with sanos. We got the extended warranty under Best Buy and we're about ready to take this thing back. It doesn't work. everything else works fine with our television our Wi-Fi is great Brand new HDMI cables that we have replaced three times. I just did a factory reset and it's still not connecting to my TV. It says Bose on the screen but there is no way for me to click over for it to work. The app says it's connected to my TV I can pause it I can use the remote to change the channels but I don't hear any sound whatsoever out of this expensive speaker.

Hogans
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

We have bought three different brands of very expensive HDMI cables and they do not continue to work at all. I just replaced it again and it's still not working. It doesn't seem that Bose wants to be able to connect to any television through the HDMI although there's an HDMI ARC port on the back

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Hogans Have you turned on CEC in your TV?

Also try turning on both devices then plug in the HDMI cable to each device. This should force a handshake.

iftekhar25
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

I recently used my laptop to do AirPlay streaming with my Apple TV.

This messed up the HDMI/ARC on my Bose Soundbar 700. After turning everything off after the streaming session was over and coming back to it, the Bose Soundbar 700 was stuck on audio from AirPlay. My TV's built-in speakers started firing.

This was frustrating. Had to do a cold-boot of my Bose 700 to get it back up and running again.

Frustrating. Running version 10.0.10 of firmware too.

Pretty annoyed with this nonsense. Low quality software.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@iftekhar25 

Is your Apple TV plugged into your TV? Does your TV support HDMI - ARC?

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Onin3
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Optical Audio is utilized on my BOSE 11 soundbar. Defaults to ARC needing to be reset each time you power up. 

Scrupix
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Purchased a Bose Soundbar 700 and a sub as well a month ago, all ok except the fact that today ARC connectivity started to make problems, no audio from tv, only power on or off with tv...

Solution, reset Soundbar which was connected to smart home and google assistant, f...ed up all the routines, etc. a real pain in the a.. to do this

Everything updated and tried everything suggested on this forum, with no result but factory reset

Good job Bose, a real piece of junk for which you will spend a lot of money, probably mostly for the materials used, you could not resolve a simple thing as hundreds of persons are complaining about this issue on this community and outside of it

Most probably I will return very soon, first Bose product and for sure the last one

Richado
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2020

Count me among the disappointed. HDMI ARC not supported, BOSE answer is optical. Bose is far too expensive for this. I've made my last purchase. Spent over an hour on phone with Bose tech support so fresh out of ideas the solution is to send out a new HDMI cable. Wish I knew of these issues before spending the cash on Bose. Thought I was buying quality.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Richado 

You are correct, you shouldn’t have to settle for optical, assuioming your TV supports HDMI ARC.

Have you checked your network setup. Is eveyrthing working there?

Also I try logging out of your Bose account then log back in.

Have you tried resettting your TV HDMI / CEC connections?

What model TV do you have?

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.