varung03
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Soundbar keep on disconnecting with TV. I have connect it again whenever I turn on tv (10/5 times). Made my TV slow while turning on (stays on Bose app screen). Can't see any volume control UI on TV while using Universal remote. Not happy.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Richado 

I had a look at the manual. 

1. Make sure the ARC port is properly configured :

> To configure the HDMI 1/ARC jack to output sound to an ARC device, on the Home menu, press or to highlight Settings, then press OK. Highlight System, then press OK. Highlight Control other devices (CEC), then press OK. Highlight HDMI ARC, then press OK to check the box.

2. The audio preset should be set to Auto.

3. Don’t forget to try force a HDMI handshake. Pull the cable, restart the TV plug back into the TV ARC cable and sound bar.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

yakostar
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2021

I've used a Bose Soundtouch 300 with my LG OLED65B7 via HDMI ARC for 3 years now without any problems at all.

A few days ago I decided to add a Soundbar 700 to my gaming room (same TV - LG OLED65B7) and the HDMI ARC usually works but I'm having some issues. Sometimes the wake function doesn't work, so I have to power off the TV, wait a minute or so, and then power it on again. Then it starts working, but the problem is that the volume on the soundbar resets to around 80% when it starts working again (I can see this via the Bose Music app on my phone) which is REALLY loud. It scares the **bleep** out of me sometimes if I forget I have something playing on my TV. 

At first I thought it might be something with my TV so I tried switching, so that I connect the Soundtouch 300 to the gaming room and the Soundbar 700 to the living room, but the same issue persists. So there is definitely something going on with the HDMI ARC on the Soundbar 700.

Has anyone encountered this issue? If so, is it fixable? Can I the a default/reset volume to lower than 80?

Psri
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

One plus tv connected to bose sou nebar 700

Jayacks
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2021

I'm having this issue with mine which has happened several times since purchase at Christmas 2020.  I've usually managed to get it working again but now it's still not. J e followed the guidance set out in this thread and still no joy. TV is a Sony KD43XH8196. 

BarryTuler
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2021

My Bose 700 cannot get connected. To make a long story short I spoke to Bose support and we went through all the steps with no success including optical connection. They said call LG and not our problem. Using my tv speaker for now. 
very disappointed with Bose. 

Wozza76
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2021

Still having the same problem no tv sound through the sound bar my tv is LG 75UN85006LA