Eddydess72001
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Is the HDMI ARC problem is gonna be fix anytime soon? I'm getting tired of unplugging both the power cord/Hdmi cable of the soundbar hundred times every morning until the sound comes back. The worst thing is unpredictable to know when the sound will come back. Took me over an hour to get the sound back this morning. I have tried ALL Of the solutions that the bose forum moderators have recommended in this 20 page thread but I keep losing sound when the soundbar has been off for long period of time such as turning off it when I go to bed. Soundbar doesn't lose sound when it has been off for a hour or two. I really don't want to switch to optical cable since it doesn't sound as good as HDMI. It's going to be more than year with people experiencing this problem and bose still hasn't found a solution and they going to keep blaming the tv manufacturers for making their ARC uncompabtile with the soundbar.

Eddydess72001
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

By the way, my tv model is LG OLED65B8PUA

Charlotte_G

Hi Eddydess72001,

I appreciate how frustrating this may be for you and completely understand why you would be getting tired of performing the handshake process. 

We are aware of this issue and it is being looked in to. Regrettably, I will not be able to offer any time scales and cannot promise you that there will be a fix for this. 

Your patience is greatly appreciated and any updates will be posted to the forum. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Eddydess72001
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Does anyone know if buying a HDMI Switcher with ARC support could help solve the problem?

Like this one: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-ZAMO-Control-S...

afcchris
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Good to see an acknowledgement that Bose are looking into this.....

Cyril
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2017

Feel like it would only worsen the problem.

My experience is whenever there is a software update for my Samsung TV or Bose Software Update the HDMI ARC connectivity is likely to get messed up.

Hogans
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Does Sanos have wireless speakers that connect to the soundbar? We got our soundbar on 3/31/19. Worked through the HDMI ARC connection till last week on Fri. Just BOOM not an option to change the sound input to the HDMI 4 port(the only ARC port on our One Connect). We have a 1 year old Samsung UN55MU8000F 4k tv. It worked so obviously our tv is compatible. Amazon ultra 4k fire stick works great on the port as does our Xfinity cable box. Called Samsung, they had no idea why this was happening  suggested turning off the Anynet+. Ummm... then there was NO sound plus no HDMI to the Bose showing up. Reinabled that. Called Bose. He was confused why it wasn't working. Suggested using the stupid optical. Ya the wireless speaker crackle & are off sync, & it's set to 0 delay. Called Best Buy, as we ALWAYS get their protection plan. He said the Anynet+ has to be on it controls the ARC HDMI port. I turned it back on again and wham we were back in business...till Saturday night when we were going to finally enjoy some TV time & finish Stranger Things via the Netflix on the Samsung TV. Better quality IMO. There it was AGAIN, no HDMI option to turn on the sound through the Bose! We're hadn't even touched the stupid thing all day since it was working the night before. So,  2 hours of all the crap listed in this feed we called Best Buy, they said it shouldn't be doing this and we could exchange it for a new one. Finally great news; spoke to soon. Got it home, I'd already uninstalled the Bose app so had to reinstall it & sign in: blag blah.... then followed the directions  or lack there of, to set up our new 700 soundbar. 25 min of updating later...plug HDMI ARC then into the soundbar, reboot the tv... and no option again to use the HDMI connection. I'm about to throw this thing off our second floor onto the driveway and video it smashing into a billion bits. Now alexa ONLY wants to respond through the Bose to make matters worse so undid that option...have it connected through the optical and back to crappy sound from the Bass & both wireless speakers. This is a flipping nightmare, all day invested on this for NOTHING. Bose used to be a great quality speaker, better off getting a Vizio!!!! We had an 8 year old blue ray player with surround sound speakers that finally died, hence getting this over priced under quality nobody at Bose cares about fixing soundbar and wireless speakers. Best Buy told us if it doesn't work this time we can return the WHOLE thing to Best Buy & get a different system or our money back. We don't need/want an $800 soundbar to listen to stuff on pandora or Amazon music... or horrible quality optical connection; which the TV remote that had worked with every device we have including the xfinity cable box wont control the volume with optical setting. Before Mr Bose dude says there's a setting to do this there isn't, not on any tv. The Bose "universal" remote is horrible to use. Delay response for sound or changing channels which that took some doing too get it to do that! So bought a Harmony 665 universal remote, it won't adjust the dang sound on this soundbar either. Just a never ending nightmare & no enjoyable TV. So we're watching TV in bed on our LG that we've have since 2007 & a bluetooth relay to 2 headphones to enjoy movies. Great use of a 4k TV all because Bose can't get it together after at least 7-8 different TVs are listed in this feed alone. There's also other feeds about the same issue. Our Samsung is up to date, Samsung did a remote factory reset so it was like out of the box with nothing on it Fri during my call. I'm hating Bose & I have it in my 2017 Chevy Cruze!!!!! At least those work...one does crackle & the dealership is going to look at it. I'm so disappointed in Bose. Used to be you'd tell someone you have a Bose & their eyes lit up cuz they knew you spent some serious money on a quality system... now it's just you spent some serious money on a bluetooth speaker!!!!! Ya, little ticked.

Derrick
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Charlotte_G,

I'm sorry but this response is not satisfactory. I, like many, are having issues with this system daily. I'm glad that you acknowledge there is a problem. But i need some assurance that this is going to be fixed. (You guys are still dragging on the people who request remote backlight time out.... its been like a year) If you can't fix it, own it and be honest to your customers! I have several other problems that have been opened issues for like six months and have not heard of anything. I figure Bose's goal is to drag everyone along until their device falls out of warranty and then they will just tell us to go out and but the next generation soundbar that has all these fixes. This Soundbar has problems. I want a guarantee that the will be addressed and fixed. If you are unable to do this, I'm afraid this thing will need to be returned.  

Matthewkreutzer
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I agree. This sound system costs too much to be giving me headaches every time I use it.

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I don't think any company selling any product can give you a guarantee you won't have problems.  Nor can they say how quickly a given problem will be resolved or even can be resolved.