Dizzle
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Well I hooked everything up and we will see if it lasts. Not optimistic about it. I bet when I get back home in ~4 hours and turn on the TV, I won’t hear any sound. 

Mangbeloy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

@Krocfamily  that a good news  i hope that will fixed. it i really dont want to returned my soundbar 700. Sony tv guys let me here from you... 

steven.e.blum@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

I have the new app.. does the firmware automatcally load?  what version is the latest firmware? 

ThierryB
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

steven.e.blum@gmail.com wrote:

I have the new app.. does the firmware automatcally load?  what version is the latest firmware? 

The new APP will not fix the HDMI/ARC issue. We need BOSE to fix their buggy firmware and make it available ...

The new APP might help with other bugs though, like speakers / accessory not recognised.

Don’t put too much hope in this, until we get a new firmware nothing will change ...

Sh@wn
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I have the same issue... I'm so frustrated having to unplug and plug back in all the time.

Mangbeloy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

It seems working with me i tried turning on and of my tv. Thats usually the problem when you turn off your tv and turn back on the tv could not find the arc signal. Its working fine. For how long though...

jdrmd
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Didn't fix my LG C8/Bose Soundbar 700 issues.  Really frustrating...the only thing that works is to cycle power on the soundbar.  Owning this soundbar is kind of like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get.  It works for a while then all the sudden you get popping sounds out of the RR speaker, that gets fixed then it won't work without cycling power.  This is not the entertainment I was looking for when I bought this device.

marsh
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

I having the exact same problem. Judging by how active this thread is, Bose just doesn't care about the issue.

himself
Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

What an absolute pain!!!!!

Have had the 700 bar, 700 sub and surround speakers for about 9 months.

What a massive disappointment the system has been. 

Had been considering buying Bose for the last 10 years or so.

Finally lashed out and bought the lot.

Have been more than impressed with the sound. It’s just sensational. Looks good too.

Everything else about it is garbage . . . the remote, the software/firmware, the app. etc etc.

Now, after the recent right surround speaker fiasco, I get the no sound at all rubbish.

Tried absolutely everything that BOSE has suggested, ad nauseam. Nothing has fixed the problem as we all know.

Bose have made another stuff up with their software/firmware updates. I can’t imagine it being anything else. After all, so many are all of a sudden having the problem at the same time. Maybe the problem came with the Google Assistant update . . . . .

Anyway, I had to change to an OPTICAL connection, and contrary to what Bose says, the sound is considerably inferior to a HDMI (ARC) connection.

So here I sit all of a sudden, with a crappy sound system, and without ARC, a useless remote.  

Why on earth did I not go for the Sonos or Klipsch equipment that I was looking at.

Come on Bose, you really owe it to us, to fix the problem, and fix it fast!!

marsh
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

You could be onto something with a correlation between Google assistant and HDMI arc not working. Have you tried disabling it temporarily to see if arc works?

I too can't even use the universal remote for anything except the tv. The Rogers ignite (Xfinity TV in America) doesnt support it as it's RF and not ir. Even though the Bose remote uses RF!