Alpha Wong
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Hi, somehow I have fixed the soundbar issue. Even sometimes still have issue. I found the issue is related to the other devices that connect with the TV, my issue is due to the Cable TV box. After I unplug and reset the TV and soundbar. It works fine even I plugged in back with CEC function on. However, the issue is happened few times. So i tried to switchoff the CEC function for the Cable TV box, no issue still now(hopefully)

Hence I suggest to switch off the CEC function of other connected device might work. 

Last, I feel extremely disappointed if BOSE techincan is only could suggested the buyer to use optical cable for connection for fixing the issue. I guess all buyer would prefer HDMI as less cabling set up behind the TV or AV cabinet!!!!
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Alpha Wong

Thanks for the update!

We include an optical connection on our soundbars for these particular reasons.  ARC and CEC are not standardized settings across the A/V industry which means there can be conflicts between different brands of devices.  Ex. Samsung uses Anynet + and Sony uses Bravia Sync.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

steven.e.blum@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

same issue with  OLED55B7V

Very Frustrating..   ARC stopped working.   I spent quite some time trying a number of combinations between Bose app and TV and somehow at some point enabled CEC  and got it to work..  But then thru the Bose app turned off power sync...  and again at some point lost ARC connectivity. 

Now again playing a game to try to figure out the right sequence to get it to work again... so far cant get it to work.

This is VERY frustrating and dissapointing(Bose)..  I upgraded from SoundTouch 300  to SoundBar 700 to take advantage of Alexa capability.  This was NOT a problem with the 300

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi steven.e.blum@gmail.com

Thanks for the update!

Did the sequence above from the previous posts help at all?  If not, we are still collecting model numbers to identify these ARC problems.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

steven.e.blum@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

Here is what temporarily fixed my issue..

1) Disconnected all external HDMI devices at the TV side .  This was only a new model ROKU HDMI 3 box and and old DVD player HDMI 4

2) disconnected the ARC HDMI (2)  cable TV side  from Bose

3) On my TV selected HDMI 2  input ...  Then plug in the ARC HDMI cable and wait to see that the Bose logo comes up on my TV

4) Selected Live TV input and see that ARC sound is now working

5) Plug in ROKU HDMI 3 and switch to HDMI 3 input and now see that ARC sound is working

Having said all this there is also something to do with setting Power Sync on Bose App TV and Sources.  

If I then turn off my ROKU box, which I think shuts down the TV  then turn on the ROKU box (turns on TV) sometimes I then lose ARC sound,  and sometimes there is a bit of a delay and then ARC sound works...

Steps 1 - 5 above definitely works for me..   the rest is all weird and seems inconsistent...  that is,  when and how I lose ARC sound... 

Something is definietly wrong with the Bose system...  or at least its ridiculously frustrating ...   I am seriously considering taking it back to Best Buy,  and going back to my previous SoundTouch 300 model

I hope you guys can figure this out??

cam130nav
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Tony A,

I have the following connected to my tv.

- Xbox one

- Dish Hopper 3

- Roku

Thanks,

Cam

Sebastien
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

I have the same issue.
First it started with 5.1 soundsources dropping out (netflix). Worked when selecting stereo sound (netflix?. A few days later got totally no sound when powering on tv and/or bluray.
My fix was simply to pull out all power supplies of the tv, bose and all connected devices for 10sec. Then everything worked again. No need to unplug all hdmi, what is kind off a big deal if you’re tv is wallmounted or built-in. My set is Lg65c7oled. However Bose should fix this issue and hope they will as paying 2200 EUR should guarantee me smoothless experience!
1400reeds
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2018

The TV is up to date as well as the soundbar.  We have lost our HDMI arc connection AGAIN.  We only have Directv Genie DVR connected to the television besides the Bose 700 Soundbar.  We tried everything to get the HDMI cable to work again to no avail so back to the optical cable...darn.  Still having some audio cutting out here and there and have no idea what's causing that.  Hopefully,Bose will find a fix for these problems soon as it is soooooo frustrating.  Thank you Tony.

tkuo
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I'm running into the same issue with my Sony X900F as well. It appears that I have to unplug all other hdmi connections for the Soundbar 700 to pair with the TV again. It's a hassle to have to re-plug the hdmi cables all the time. Is there an update on how to resolve this issue? 

steven.e.blum@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

My system is working perfectly, or I should say adequetly again.

This is what I did (may not be right for everyone)

Losing ARC connectivity is somthing Bose definitely needs to address.

1) I DISABLED the "Power Sync"  option on your Bose Soundbar app

I think that part of the problem is that the Power Sync thing may cause your TV to be out of sync with your Bose Soundbar

Due to poor design it's sometimes hard to know if the Bose Soundbar is powered up.  So simply, if your TV is on and Bose off... well thats a problem

2) I did NOT disconnect any cables but i DID unplug all my equiptment,  TV,  Roku,  DVD and Soundbar  for 30 sec.

Then powered it back up

3) From that point on,  things are working as expected

4) I discovered that if I simply set my TV to the ARC HDMI input (in my case HDMI 2) and turn on the TV,  if I see the Bose Logo displayed on the TV then

I can be sure the ARC connection is working..   and then switching to another source (e.g. Roku) the sound worked...

If you dont see the Bose logo then it may be that your Soundbar power is not on

I really think there is some issue with the Power Sync ... that is the cause for losing ARC.

Anyhow hope these thought help ..  and hope that Bose addressess these issues and also improves what I think is a confusing Phone app for controlling the Soundbar