Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hogans
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Ya I screwed up saying ours was magically fixed and working. Soon after wham back to bs but now it's with Alexa, it's basically a big Alexa!! We have Alexa we didn't buy a Bose soundbar & wireless speakers to be Alexa... Ugh

Tmf75
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Hi,

I have tried everything and nothing seams to work, it was so easy to setup and worked a treat for exactly 2 days now nothing. I can Airplay to it form certain apps in Apple TV but that’s it.

my Samsung TV model number is: UA65RU8000WXXY

Please advise what I should do.

regards

TMF

vijaysiva@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

Hi there, 

My home setup

System: Bose soundbar 700 with subwoofer 700

TV: Sony Bravia KDL-55HX800 (Firmware: PKG4.131GAT-0108)

Apple Tv: 4 generation.

I live and work in Dubai and just got my Bose 700 Soundbar with Subwoofer on 29th August 2019. It was a long-time dream to get this product and Finally I managed to gift myself. 

Once connected my Bose sound system and started ADAPTIQ sound calibration not work. It did not detect my headphone when its connected to socket and in Bose music App, the process just seem to be revolving.

We tried many steps with Bose local support from store and nothing worked. Then, I skipped and played few movies, how sound seems to be ok but the bigger problem is my TV was restarting ever 40 min or sometime ever 10 min. I did not experience this when my TV was connected with apple tv. as soon i introduced Bose sound bar this problem raised. 

I tried to contact Bose support, they asked few changes in TV and completely restarted my SYSTEM and it worked for a hour and start the same problem 

current setting in Bose app is CEC is set to alternate and power sync is enabled and standby timer is set to never

Please help 

Vijay 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@Tmf75 wrote:

Hi,

I have tried everything and nothing seams to work, it was so easy to setup and worked a treat for exactly 2 days now nothing. I can Airplay to it form certain apps in Apple TV but that’s it.

my Samsung TV model number is: UA65RU8000WXXY

Please advise what I should do.

regards

TMF

I would return it to the store while you still can.  Buy something that works.

afcchris
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

vijaysiva@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there, 

My home setup

System: Bose soundbar 700 with subwoofer 700

TV: Sony Bravia KDL-55HX800 (Firmware: PKG4.131GAT-0108)

Apple Tv: 4 generation.

I live and work in Dubai and just got my Bose 700 Soundbar with Subwoofer on 29th August 2019. It was a long-time dream to get this product and Finally I managed to gift myself. 

Once connected my Bose sound system and started ADAPTIQ sound calibration not work. It did not detect my headphone when its connected to socket and in Bose music App, the process just seem to be revolving.

We tried many steps with Bose local support from store and nothing worked. Then, I skipped and played few movies, how sound seems to be ok but the bigger problem is my TV was restarting ever 40 min or sometime ever 10 min. I did not experience this when my TV was connected with apple tv. as soon i introduced Bose sound bar this problem raised. 

I tried to contact Bose support, they asked few changes in TV and completely restarted my SYSTEM and it worked for a hour and start the same problem 

current setting in Bose app is CEC is set to alternate and power sync is enabled and standby timer is set to never

Please help 

Vijay 

———

Hi Vijay

fellow Dubai resident here. I have sent you a private message. 

Cheers

Chris

Tmf75
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

I bought my Soundbar 700 and Base 700 through Amazon, let’s see how their return policy works. 

I might give it a go through optical but for that I might as well have bought the Sonos Playbar and Sub package which are far superior when it comes to multi product. 

TMF75

Jtighe
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

The 700 soundbar is a piece of junk.  I have been forced to use optical since I purchased it..  I am very sorry I did.  BOSE should offer a refund to anyone who wants one..  A class action suit may be the only way to force BOSE to rtake them back

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@Tmf75 wrote:

I bought my Soundbar 700 and Base 700 through Amazon, let’s see how their return policy works. 

I might give it a go through optical but for that I might as well have bought the Sonos Playbar and Sub package which are far superior when it comes to multi product. 

TMF75

I would not do that.  You should not have to use optical because your Bose will not work as it should.  Amazon has an excellent return policy for most things, unless it was used.

Darkslide
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

I have the same HDMI issue as everyone else recently. No sound from the TV until I unplug,and replug everything. 

Krocfamily
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Woke up this morning and my soundbar no longer works.  **bleep**, I thought they had this figured out.  

LG C8 OLED