afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

@Longprao wrote:

About my HDMI ARC and Optical both plugged in fix, I'm confirmed that it is not truly a fix, because the sound is indeed going via Optical, not ARC, despite TV sound output is set to ARC.

So we have sound, we have ARC, but it is actually Optical sound. Unplug the Optical it will be immediately no sound.

We still need Bose to fix the ARC connection issue.

———

hi there. As my latest posts have been mentioning I have been doubtful of the claimed solution about plugging in the optical cable, mainly as the optical wake up is enabled as default by the app when HDMI ARC is being used. So what you say doesn’t surprise me. Can you just share how you found out that sound is coming through the optical cable? 

Longprao
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

@afcchris wrote:

@Longprao wrote:

About my HDMI ARC and Optical both plugged in fix, I'm confirmed that it is not truly a fix, because the sound is indeed going via Optical, not ARC, despite TV sound output is set to ARC.

So we have sound, we have ARC, but it is actually Optical sound. Unplug the Optical it will be immediately no sound.

We still need Bose to fix the ARC connection issue.

———

hi there. As my latest posts have been mentioning I have been doubtful of the claimed solution about plugging in the optical cable, mainly as the optical wake up is enabled as default by the app when HDMI ARC is being used. So what you say doesn’t surprise me. Can you just share how you found out that sound is coming through the optical cable? 

I have mentioned it, I simply unplugged the optical and sound was lost immediately, despite it is ARC output and HDMI plugged in, so ARC no sound is still an issue. I had been in doubt too because there was no difference when I tried changing TV output between ARC and Optical.

Sagar7143
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

I know that optical cable working ,if we optical not worth of product , required to work HDMI ARC but bose still not given proper solution , i have nevar seen this support and solution and product price. Bose is brad here nothing here , so donot buy bose product they  taken much amont and they less support and given so many issues with product.

engoil
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Something happened....all working this morning.  No resets. I did nothing. Had not worked at all in a week. Anybody else? Elves?

himself
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 30, 2019

My Soundbar 700 has been upgrading firmware/software for 4 1/2 hours. I have an  internet connection speed of 120Mbps (just tested it), so the problem is not at my end.

[Edited by Moderator]

FOdeks
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

@himself wrote:

My Soundbar 700 has been upgrading firmware/software for 4 1/2 hours. I have an  internet connection speed of 120Mbps (just tested it), so the problem is not at my end.

[Edited by moderator]

I will be happy to buy your Bose set for $100, if you really want to sell.

Mangbeloy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

As i posted my Sb700 is doing an firmware update lastnight i waited for an hour and still updating not sure how long mine took and i check this morning its already done. sucks though i didnt have a chance to test my sb700 got to go back to my daily grind. Anybody else tested theirs? 

vijaysiva@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

HI Magbeloy, 

New firmware relased ? is that fixed issue ?

vijaysiva@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

hi, 

did bose relased new firmware?

Mangbeloy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Im sure its an firmware update im not sure if that fix the hdmi arc problem didn’t have a chance to test it this morning. The update took more than an hour.