wireless200
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

I hooked up a secondary optical cable a few days and mine started working again.  I checked and the sound bar is on the latest firmware.  Don’t know when but I’m afraid to change anything.  Gonna leave it for now even though the second cable looks messy. LG-c8. 

vijaysiva@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

Dear Tony,

For your information ,we have tried all recommeneded stepts with Bose techsupport. However nothing worked. Today I dropped my soundbar in service center. He said, there will be firmware release soon, and he was not sure. I explined him that, i did not enjoy a single movie yet from the time of purchase ( 29/Aug/2019).

My issue is, when my soundbar 700 connected to Sony TV using HDMI ARC, the TV will keep continously restart untill i power off and reboot my soundbar 700.

He said he will check and let me by tomorrow afternoon. expecting his reply soon.

vijay

Jrui
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Well last night I did a factory default. Software update took just a few minutes. Reconnected everything, setup soundboard and woofer thru Bose music app and so far so good. Turned off the TV several times and sound bar turned on everytime. The real test would be this morning. Well guess what, soundboard still turning on using ARC.  Hopefully, software update was the solution. 

vijaysiva@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

HI Jrui

Did bose released any new firmware this month september 2019? what version is that? 

Will the soundbar will update automattically or we need to factory reset for this upgrade? Provide more infomration on this please?

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Several people have reported getting updates within the last day or two.

GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

@wireless200 wrote:

I hooked up a secondary optical cable a few days and mine started working again.  I checked and the sound bar is on the latest firmware.  Don’t know when but I’m afraid to change anything.  Gonna leave it for now even though the second cable looks messy. LG-c8. 

I also have a C8.  The firmware update worked for me.  I think you can safely go back to HDMI only.  Just make sure that firmware is updated first.

Fluff
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

My one still working like it should be but now I can’t turn tv on with Alexa can turn off with Alexa though. 

Longprao
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Seems to work fine since after the update, no longer need optical cable. Update was auto run sometime at night.

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

The HDMI ARC/CEC issue seems to be fixed on mine too, this is with an LG TV, at least it has been for the last couple days since it updated to 5.0.14. I'm not convinced so keeping an eye on it but fingers crossed.

Seeing that many people still having issues is making me a little less convinced but my concern of Bose releasing another faulty firmware update still concerns me greatly!

It's a shame we can't disable it, as an option would be to disallow internet traffic to the Bose SB700 but then I'd lose Google Assitant/Spotify etc ;(

vijaysiva@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

Hi there, 

Can someone confirm that Bose released any new firmware this month ?  is this new firmware 5.0.14?