Skyrider
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Re: Bose soundbar 700

Same frusatration over here...  

"Please note that we are currently investigating complaints about lack of HDMI audio through the system."

How long must we wait!!?

chigos85
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Re: SOUNDBAR 700 and TV SAMSUNG

Is it a hardware or software problem with the soundbar?

Skyrider
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Software issue for sure. There are a lot of other topics on this forum regarding the same issue. Bose is investigating it since at lease 5 september....

chigos85
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

ok thanks, we have to wait for the solution, we hope it will arrive soon ...

BGeo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

I haven’t had a problem since the last update. My TV is a Sony x900f. I want an option to opt out of updates automatically. 

afcchris
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Mine has come and gone twice since the update and today the power reset doesn’t even work. I am back in optical cable. 

So tired of this now. I wish Bose can just authorize refunds for anyone who wants them. If they can’t deliver on what they advertise as a feature then we should be given our money back. even then I would still have to sell my Bass Module separately! 

BGeo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

I spoke too soon. My Bose 700 on my Sony TV x900f just dropped the sound today for the first time since the update. 

JohnDaniel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

I CONCUR!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

This soundbar 700 has been nothing but a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!

From initial setup in a new construction home with no internet and having to use 2 smart phones because you can't do $#!T with this POS if it's not connected to the internet! Setting up the 2 surround speakers and the sub (another wasted $1,200.00) was another level of almost unbearable grief! Random disconnects from wifi once we got internet seems to be a weekly occurrenc, can't get Alexa to "listen" half the time, the remote is a freaking JOKE as you can't read a **bleep** thing on it unless you pick it up so it will illuminate and the illumination only lasts a few seconds AND NOW THIS!!! HDMI was working great until a week ago and NOW I'm finding this too is a common problem...

I swear to all that's holy I will NEVER purchase another Bose product!

This is WAY under par for a company such as Bose!

Utterly disgusting!!!

Tal81
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Is BOSE taking the Mickey out of us?

Where is this update? its been nearly one month since your last update. A brand is perceived, not when things go right, but how it manages its customers when things go wrong. 

What good is this forum if the moderators does not, or cannot, liase with the brand and pass updates onto us?

What good is the forum if BOSE refuses to keep their customers up to date on the progress of their software/firmware updates?

Disgusting PR BOSE. Utterly disgusting.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I agree with the post above. Not only is the quality of the product/software rubbish, but also the communication is beyond the poorest I have ever seen.

I have several cases open with the support - (6 outstanding issues), even though I asked for an update several time in email, Bose doesn't even bother to reply.

This is really unacceptable...